All reviews storm king adirondack chairs lake quinault nice fireplace easy access cabin angeles hosts firewood
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We loved our stay in the Storm King. The charmingly decorated cabin was peaceful, spacious, and clean. The beds were comfortable. The kitchen is small, but it had everything we needed to make dinner each night - all of the appliances are in good working order. Great views and very soothing to be right on the water. A pair of bunnies visited our front porch every morning. Chris was friendly and responsive to all of our questions about the area and to our requests. The stairs down to the cabins on the water are very steep, but it is worth it to be right on the water. It is wise to read the "fine print" section of their website. They do say that the deposit is non-refundable. For us, it was not a problem. The cabin was well worth the money. It was only $15 more a night for a three bedroom cabin with a living room, fireplace, and kitchen than it was for a hotel-like room in the Lodge across Lake Quinault. We wished we could have stayed longer and would gladly stay at Lochaerie again if we get back to the Olympic penninsula. Location was fantasic. Many great hikes in Quinault valley and saw lots of wildlife (elk and bears) while driving around the lake in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank xgca
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The cabin was lovely, well-maintained, and very clean. It was definitely rustic, but that was what we wanted. No tv and no wireless internet. Just nature.

The grounds and the lake are just beautiful.

Chris and Tom are wonderfully fun and friendly hosts. We'll go back again, for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in Ellinor, but the best view of Lake Quinault is from Christie. There are some relatively steep steeps to Christie, though, so if you need level ground, Ellinor is the choice. Next time we'll stay in Christie.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank R B
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is one of those place you hate to review, since once you've visited there's a huge temptation to hope it will remain a well-kept secret. My husband and I have been visiting Locharie Resort a few times a year for the past couple of years. The cottages are pretty rustic - don't go if you're expecting the Four Season or something like that. But if you want a quiet weekend away from the 24/7 connected electronic world, this is the place to go. The view of Lake Quinalt is spectacular, the cabins and clean and charming, with wood burning stoves. The hosts, Chris and Tom are extremely friendly and helpful. In summary - a perfect 10 - even though I can only give is the official 5 stars

Room Tip: Sorry - that's one secret I'm going to keep for myself :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I booked a cabin at Lochaerie Resort after looking at their website and reading some of the reviews on other sites. When I called to make my reservation the owner was extremely friendly and helpful. The stay was to be a birthday surprise for my wife so she agreed to contact me only by email in order not to ruin the surprise.
A day or so before we were to leave I went online to print out directions and while online I read some more reviews of the resort. I found several reviews that were quite negative, which, of course, caused me some concern. IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS!
Lochaerie is a delightful place with well kept grounds and charming cabins. The cabins while quite old are clean and comfortable. If you are looking for T.V.s and soda machines and institutional decor I suggest you go elsewhere.
We stayed in Elinor which was perfect for the two of us. It had a small but well equipped kitchen, fireplace comfortable double bed and a porch with Adirondack Chairs.
My wife and I have stayed in quite a few Bed and Breaksfasts, lodges and resorts.
Lochaerie is now at the top of our list as a favorite. The owners were incredibly friendly and accomodating.
The location is wonderful with great views of the lake and mountains. I could go on for quite some time about how much we enjoyed our stay there but my main point was to let you know that whoever wrote those negative reviews (which are not recent by the way) is not playing with a full deck.
Go, stay and enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joe F
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed in the Elinor cabin for 2 nights. Although it is old, it is clean and well maintained and has everything you could need. The bedroom and bathroom are small, but overall it was quite comfortable for 2 people. This cabin does not require using the steps mentioned by previous reviewers, but it is less private since it is next to the parking lot. Nonetheless it has a comfortable porch with a beautiful view of the lake and certainly makes for a quiet and relaxing getaway. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend Lochaerie to anyone looking for a peaceful time in a remote beautiful area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple