“So glad we found this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sala Thai Restaurant

Sala Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Spokane, Washington
“So glad we found this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Bought a Groupon for Sala Thai and will definitely be back! The food tastes super fresh, the service is fantastic and the prices are reasonable for the quality. I've never had better, fresher crab rangoon. Pad Thai was great, my husband's "Spicy old man" was also to his liking. Add a Thai iced tea for a perfect meal. They also serve some type of alcohol (not full bar), though I didn't see a drink menu.

I was surprised to find such a good Thai food place in Spokane/Airway Heights. Worth the drive! The only downside is the place is quite small, so there's sometimes a wait. We got a table right away but saw a few parties waiting while we ate. I'm not sure if they accept reservations.

• Visited March 2014

Spokane, Washington
“The only negative is it is so popular...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The only negative is it is so popular and could be difficult to find a table during high traffic times. Everything is great but the Green curry is terrific.

“Mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

First off the prices were expensive in my opinion for the quality of food you receive. We got the shrimp rice rolls. They were ok but there were rice noodles inside the wrappers that were hard and unchewable. I got the Panang curry. It had split and had a half inch of oil on top. I was unable to even mix it in. And the more I ate it the more oil seemed to appear. My husband got the green curry and it was not green it was yellow. He got it level 3 and he said mine curry at level 1 was spicier. The service was nice. But we will not be returning. I have eaten curry all over the world and that was the worst curry I have ever had at a Thai restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank ParentTraveller129
salathaispokane, Owner at Sala Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
First of all if you actually READ the menu You would have seen that our "Shrimp Rolls " are made with seasoned "bean noodle" not rice noodle as you understand. Second for the Panang curry, the oil you see float on the top layer is coconut oil that break up and separate from coconut milk as a result of cooking Panang properly. We use one or two table spoon of cooking oil for each dish one if it a curry, two if it a stir fried dish. Third the green curry got it's name from the color of the curry paste prior to cooking it was green, once mixed with coconut milk which is white the color became almost white with a light greenish of coconut oil from cooking afloat at the top, but when you add chilli which is RED then the color became slightly orange tinted. I guess you lean that from grade school right? the color wheel remember? Just because you have eaten from many Thai restaurant does not make you an expert in Thai food, so don't act like one. Next time before you open up your expert mouth please do yourself a favor by educate yourself first in the subject prior to open up the mouth or type the first keystroke. Now it's ok to take you foot out of your mouth. Please look at other comments before write yours. I have over 92% approval rate. I have sold over 4500 groupons over three campaigns the within the past 24 months period with 95% happy customers. Is it ever occur to you that may be You are a minority, a apart of small group of people who is never happy about anything? or may be You order the food that too spicy for you to handle and don't have a courage to admit it, just start blaming on everything else??? Shame shame shame.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Personal care and love go into every dish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been to Sala Thai several times, and enjoyed it each time. The Pad Se Ew is always made nice. The noodles aren't overcooked to mush, and the levels of flavor from one bite to the next keep expanding. I also tend to order the green curry. It is good whether with chicken, pork, or tofu. Sadly, I haven't tried many of the menu items that sound so good, because every time I come in, I get drawn back to the same dishes that I know are excellent. Pay no attention to the outside of the building, it's what goes on in the kitchen that counts. Leave yourself time to relax and enjoy the experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank poolgirl8
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

One of the best places to enjoy Thai cuisine near Spokane WA. Red curry is awesome and food quality is top notch. Definitely worth a visit if you are in local area

• Visited September 2012