Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Airway Heights
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Check in staff was friendly, and the room at first glance was good. Queen room is very small but functional. Unfortunately on closer look the comforter / duvet was not clean luckily I always have my own blankets that I sleep with. The surround in the shower was also dirty. In the morning the breakfast was not ideal either, there was nothing but carbs, actually there were 2 apples and an orange (both rather old looking) but other than that there was sugary cereal, pastries, and waffles, great if you are a kid. But not so good for someone who is not able to tolerate sugar well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Read mixed reviews of this motel before we started our trip so initially booked only the first night to see what the place was actually like. Motel was an easy 10 minute drive from the airport. Checked in rather late in the evening - staff were pleasant and efficient. To me, the motel appeared very well kept. Room was somewhat smaller than usual but I found this a plus rather than a minus. Felt like a cozy stay on a boat or in someone's guest room. The room itself was immaculate and the cotton bedspread was delightful; so very much nicer than the horrid polyester ones that always slide off the bed in the middle of the night. Pillows were cushy and plentiful. Additionally, some were soft while others were firm so you can pick the ones that feel best for you. Light was very adequate for reading (and I'm really picky about this)! There was also a cute window seat that further enhanced the feeling of being a guest in someone's house. Breakfast in the AM was the usual fare but, unlike a previous poster, I didn't find the dining area overcrowded. We were so pleased with our stay, I booked another room for the evening of our departure. From now on, this will be our go-to motel when in the Spokane area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GoAnywhere_1
mikeSpokane, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for keeping us posted on the quality of your stay here at The Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport, Chairman Award Winner. We are glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, Daybreak Breakfast and upgraded bedding and Free Airport Shuttle. I notice you thought the room could be bigger and would like to remind you that we also offer a standard suite room or a Jacuzzi Suite. It would be our pleasure to book any of our room types for your next stay.

Thanks for you're input,

Bryan Olnhausen A.G.M

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed one night this past July and flew back to New York the next day. My room was clean and quiet. The bed had lots of fluffy pillows and was super comfy. I had a good night's sleep. The big TV was great and had lots of cable channels. The bathrom was clean, and had nice citrus fragrant lotion, shampoo and soaps, which were perfect for a nice warm shower or bath. I enjoyed the fresh waffles for breakfast before my long flight back to New York. The price is a very good value and the overall quality is good. I would defintiely stay here again if I ever travel to Spokane again.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
9  Thank Susan S
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Picked this hotel because we only needed to stay one night as we had an early flight out and ended up being very happy with our choice. Yes, the hotel is a bit run down, old carpet, etc but for the price it was good value. The staff were friendly, the beds comfortable and the hotel itself was conveniently located only minutes to the airport. We didn't use the airport shuttle but that is an added option. It was better than we expected! I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was our first stop of our long road trip and we didn't arrive until after 10pm and check in was quick and easy. There is no elevator or pool, but since we were just staying one night and leaving in the morning this was fine. The rooms were nice enough with comfortable beds and a nice little window bench. We really only had time to watch a bit of T.V., but do appreciate that they had a newer flat screen T.V. We did hear people when they walked by in the hall, but other than that the noise level was fine. The bathroom was a little small, but not a big deal. The rooms were clean.

As with many hotels that we have stayed at they do offer a complimentary breakfast until 9am, which I think should be extended on weekends. Well of course it took us awhile to get our 6 and 8 year old boys up and moving around to get down to breakfast early enough so I went down with the older one and got him set up and I grabbed a couple of bowls of cereal for my other son and husband when i remembered to go back to the room and grab my purse. By the time I came back down it was 9am and almost everything was already put away but the man had noticed we didn't have any milk and immediately brought a jug back out for us, which I was very grateful for =) At other hotels we've been given attitude about asking for a yogurt or milk container to take with us at their deadline. The lady at the front desk was very friendly as well.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
mikeSpokane, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for the kind words. We're glad you're stay was comfortable and that the people you encountered here treated you kindly. Thank you for taking the time to give us your review.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Booked 2 nights for hoopfest, stayed the first night and people next doors kids up all night running around. Not much lighting in rooms, wi-fi doesn't work. Rooms were clean enough but hard to see. No elevator.
Checked out after 1 night, figured we'd just give them the second night and go somewhere else. During check out, no manager around. Then I find out that on a separate charge they billed us for a third night! I call, again no management to solve the issue.
Worst hotel in Spokane.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Lbaba
mikeSpokane, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you had. We are instructed not to give out any information regarding a guests identity, but I believe that given the information and time frame you've provided I was able to locate your reservation. The error in billing was corrected some time ago, and a refund for the additional erroneous charges was provided unfortunately I cannot provide a timeline for when your financial institution will credit your account. As managers, during hoopfest especially, we try to maintain as much of a presence as we can, I'm sorry that the times you contacted the desk there wasn't a manager on hand, it seems as if we were on opposite schedules.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I picked this hotel because I knew it was just a place to sleep and would not be spending any significant time there and the price was cheap. Arrived around 1am and there was some issue with our reservation and took a good 20 minutes to check in and the front desk clerk said 'let me know if the room isn't clean'. Guest room is dated. Front of building and the lobby are nice, but that was it. No elevator, Carpet in upstair hall was nasty. Walls are very thin, could hear my neighbors have a normal conversation. Could hear people walking up and down the hall. Free continental breakfast was pretty much cereal and milk. Would have liked to see some 'grab and go' like bagel, muffin, fresh fruit, etc. Overall, will not recommend this hotel, will not stay there again. Will pay more and stay next door at the Strafford Suites where I have stayed before.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennat86

I'm sorry your stay did not go very smoothly, I don't understand why it didn't with the information provided. I can say that from 6am - 9am we have a breakfast with all of the items you mentioned, bagels, fruit, muffins, and danishes. I apologize your stay was anything but comfortable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airway Heights
#1 of 3 in Airway Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Spokane Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport
Hampton Inn by Hilton Spokane Airport

Been to Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights? Share your experiences!