“I loved the place. But, where is the Bingo. All Casino's have Bingo”

Northern Quest Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airway Heights
Kent
“I loved the place. But, where is the Bingo. All Casino's have Bingo”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

My Aunt, daughter and I stayed for 3 days loved the place. But, had to go into Idaho to play Bingo at their Casino. I loved the food, gambling was great but needs more pay outs. I will come back because I had a great time.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Our stay was perfect. I can't say it any better than the ktheider review.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Location aside this is an excellent hotel. I have stayed here a few times and each stay has been outstanding. The beds are outstanding and the shower is fabulous. Not only does the shower have 3 body spray heads to go with the standard head but the water is nice and hot, there is huge spray pressure and the shower itself is gigantic. Midweek stays are well worth the price. I am not sure about the service on the weekend when the hotel would be busier with weekend gambler and show goers.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Everywhere
Reviewed April 8, 2010

My wife and recently checked in to the new Northern Quest Resort and Casino. We reserved the top room, and prior to check in we were impressed with the entrance and decor. I should mention we have travelled extensively throughout the country and the world, and maybe our expectations were too high for a place located in Airway Heights, Washington.

Arriving at our suite, we noticed we were in the handicapped room. That's not ok for the price we paid and the hotel wasn't crowded at all (we checked in during the week) but we didn't complain and decided to relax.

Unpacking or luggage was a nuisance since everything was really low. Plus, the shower was a lot different and the bathroom didn't even have a door. So much for privacy. Another side note, if someone rings the doorbell or calls, the walls start blinking (for deaf people and tells them someone is at the door or the phone is ringing) and then the bed starts vibrating (if your deaf). This was really annoying because the lights on the wall made me temporally blind. It was an eclipse.

When I went to turn the t.v. on with their fancy remote (it's huge and has a lot of buttons; turns on and off the lights, opened and closed the curtains, etc.) it said error and didn't work. We didn't even bother calling downstairs, we figured we could watch t.v. in the other room. Nope. Both t.v's were interconnected and wouldn't turn on. Apparently, the main television functions directly with the bedroom t.v. Weird. I decided to order room service and when the young man arrived, he ended up borrowing my pen and forgot to return it. Whatever. Small issues. Prior to the young man leaving, my wife mentioned the t.v. wasn't working and if he could figure it out. He tried and said he couldn't fix it but would return with a technician. Big mistake. The technician arrived and after 20 minutes said he couldn't fix it and needed to call another person. What was 20 minutes then became a little over two hours. I left after the first hour and my wife stayed in the adjoining room. She decided to take a nap but couldn't with the ruckus occurring in the living room. Then, one of the technicians kept returning to ask her questions. It was so annoying for my wife and the first few hours were troublesome and very unprofessional.

I returned later on and the t.v. was still not fixed. Our first three hours were a disaster. The front desk then called and said they could move us to another suite, but we were apprehensive because we had already unpacked our belongings. We ended up changing and then tried to resettle all over again. The second room was the same size and the t.v. did work. Although I should note the t.v. in the bathroom didn't turn on. Prior to taking a shower I turned the t.v. on but nothing showed up. After getting out of the shower and getting changed, it finally turned on. Only took 20 minutes. On another note, the ceilings are low and the room is unusually dark. The windows are not floor to ceiling and everything just seemed mediocre to low class.

We even went gambling and the blackjack dealer took my chips when I had a higher hand them him. I told him and he said, "Oh yeah. Sorry." Are you kidding me? Northern Quest Casino is still in growing pains and I would not recommend this facility for an additional 12 to 18 months. By then, they may have a better handle on things but I will never return.

On a side note for families, the pool is nice but very small. The hotel is big but if you go on a weekend the pool will be too crowded.

Also, the positive aspect about this place was the food. It was fantastic. Masselow's was great (it's expensive but the prices were reasonable for the quality) and breakfast downstairs next to the performing stage was excellent. If you do gamble, the area was unusually congested with smoke. I've been to casinos all over the world and this place had the worst smoke filled room I've ever been in.

Our room was clean (but maybe it's because hardly anyone has stayed in it) and the food service was excellent. The location is depressing and horrible. Nothing around. Dull. Ugly. Airway Heights is extremely ghetto. The value was not worth it. If you're looking for an enjoyable weekend, look somewhere else.

Montana
Reviewed March 20, 2010

This new hotel is absolutely fabulous. We stayed in a King Premiere room and it was huge and lavishly appointed - granite, tile, ultra-modern beautiful furnishings, incredible bathroom with a gargantuan multi-head, multi-function shower and wonderful jetted spa tub with an over-the tub rack that fits a book or minicomputer, mountains of towels, bath salts, bubble bath, lotions etc. The room has two large LG flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom and a smaller flatscreen in the bathroom. In the bedroom, the bed is the centerpiece with a tall and incredibly comfy mattress -- there are also two sweet little chaise lounges in the bedroom, where you can either watch TV, listen to your own tunes on an IPOD dock, or watch the sun set and the moon rise from the floor to ceiling windows. The Spa here is absolutely beautifully appointed and the prices are reasonable for the level of service and treatments provided. The Masselow's restaurant in the hotel has wonderful food and a very good wine list. The Lobby Bar and the Legends of Fire Cigar Lounge provide great atmosphere and very resonable prices for drinks and small bites. The fitness center has state of the art cardio and weight machine as well as a full complement of free weights, four HD TVs and a personal training instructor on site . The pool and hot tub are beautiful and just the right temperature.
In the Casino area, it is much more "zooey" and has some smoke odor and not nearly as elegant as the hotel -- but it is a Casino. I'm not into gambling much, but they do provide a "smoke free" Casino area and I was able to put $20 into a machine and come out 15 minutes later with $42 to buy a nice glass of wine and appetizer at the lobby bar. We ate in the Casino area at the Woodlands grill for lunch and had a nice buffalo meatloaf sandwich, turkey club sandwich and delicious mexican pork soup for $12 each and enjoyed a breakfast at the Buffet for $8.95 each (senior discoount for over 55) with coffee, juice, made to order omelets, yummy french toast sticks and fresh fruit, among the other choices. The room service menu for breakfast is very reasonable - with many full breakfasts delivered to your room for $10. Free valet parking, wonderful availablity of concierge service and a great upscale feel. One of the best places I've ever stayed. The Casino may not be Las Vegas -- but if you come for the new hotel and spa, you're definitely in for a treat.

1 Thank ktheider
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stayed at this recently opened hotel and found the rooms to be very comfortable, beds were perfect, the staff was incredible. Free valet parking included, free chauffeur service to nearby stores or restaurants.
The spa appeared to be very clean and sophisticated, although we did not have the opportunity to try the services.
Restaurants were available in every price range and food taste preference from asian noodles to Fatburger, to a lovely more formal dining setting with a fine wine list and creatively delicious dishes.
There was a refrigerator provided in every room, with a microwave upon request.
Plush bathrobes were provided. Complimentary bottled water provided.
Nicely space bathroom with an enormous shower with full body spray nozzle heads, one of the finest showers experienced to date.
Security felt quite good and staff were efficient.
Prices for everything seemed very reasonable.
The only negative comment would be that the casino attracts smoker and the ventilation system doesn't exhaust the smoke very well, so it drifts into the informal eating areas. To access those areas, it is necessary to expose your clothes and self to the stale cigarette smoke. There is a smoke free gambling area provided. The heating and air conditioning in the room works very well when it is necessary to heat or cool, but it doesn't allow for simple circulation of air. As a result, you are always blasted with heat of chill. Tolerable but not perfect!

1 Thank coug
Spokane
Reviewed March 2, 2010

The hotel is nice.... but the gambling is horrible. The seafood buffet is mediocre. They should take some lessons from the casinos on the other side of the state, like Muckleshoot or Snoqualmie. Those are really nice casinos with fantastic buffets.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn Spokane
Hampton Inn Spokane
#2 of 46 in Spokane
Ramada at Spokane Airport

Been to Northern Quest Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!