“Love the hotel, don't do a spa pedicure!”

Northern Quest Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airway Heights
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The rooms are fabulous, and I especially liked the comfortable bed and the luxurious shower! I was sorely disappointed with my spa pedicure experience. For paying $75 and 18% gratuity, I expected more than what I received. The website promise a mini bottle of the color you had done, yet we discovered that this was not true. Now they use a different line and do not offer that option. This would have proven useful since my polish chipped the very next day. While shopping in Spokane, we went to several stores only to discover that the color was discontinued! Also,the entire experience was shorter than I ever imagined.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Travup
Northern Q, Manager at Northern Quest Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for posting a review!!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your hotel stay, though regret you did not enjoy your visit to La Rive Spa. It is disappointing to hear that we did not honor the entire offer we had posted on our website and that your paint was chipping by the next day. Please be assured this has been brought to the attention of our spa Director who will remind our team members of our core purpose: to make our guests feel special. Our goal is to offer all our guests superior service and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to address this service error.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

After being to Northern Quest 3 times I have to say its a great little vacation. The rooms are amazing and the showers are THE BEST. As far as the gambling area they have most of the Vegas style line games but don't have much for join-n-play machines. The staff was really nice and very helpful for us novice black jack players. One thing I must warn you of is no free drinks for gamblers. Ours averaged about $10-$12 for one mixed drink so expect to bring some money for that. The hotel itself is gorgeous and has tons of little places to sit and relax, grab a drink, or even a bite to eat. I definitely recommend Fat Burger, the food is great and the service is hilarious.

Room Tip: We always prefer a higher floor, better view. Its also further from the casino and food, though. The...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Q, Manager at Northern Quest Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback and leaving a room tip for our future guests!!
We are pleased to hear you enjoy your visits and feel like you are getting away for a mini-vacation. It is always great to go somewhere that has everything you need.
We regret we are unable to offer our guests alcoholic drinks while gaming, as Washington State prohibits the distribution of complimentary alcohol. This is a question that arises often, and though we try to bring as much Vegas style gaming to the area, we simply are unable to accommodate this request.
Thank you again for sharing your comments. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even more enjoyable!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This casino is one of my favorites.....it is spacious, and the slot machines are not crowded on top of one another. The staff is very helpful and professional....altho I didn't win much, I did have a great time!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased to hear we are one of your favorite casinos to visit. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit with us even more enjoyable!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've gambled at the casino a few times and decided to try staying at the hotel for spur-of-the-moment plan for our anniversary. The hotel blew me away! It was very modern, clean, and beautifully decorated. They had lots of little touches that made it a great experience. Nothing was over the top, but it was the combination of a lot of little things that made a difference like: keurig coffee makers, a real plant, a cool night light, an amazing shower, soft & huge bath towels, and even a pillow menu where you could order a buckwheat pillow, foam pillow, feather pillow.... I felt very pampered! We also enjoyed the spa with a couples massage and were thrilled to find a co-ed waiting room with a very inviting hot pool and relaxation area. The hotel & spa experience were delightful! Now, if they could just make the casino non-smoking - it would be great! The do have a non-smoking area, but it is quite small.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review!!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and that your anniversary was enhanced by a visit to La Rive Spa. A visit to our hotel is definitely a true measure of what we offer here at Northern Quest Resort & Casino.

We appreciate you not only letting us know what you enjoyed, but also what you felt could use improvement. While our non-smoking gaming area is smaller than our smoking area, we try to enhance the experience by offering a variety of slots, table games, and a poker room. We are always working to improve our guest’s experience and thank you again sharing your feedback and helping us to be out best!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place is awesome with its many restaurants and of course casino opportunities, the rooms are classy, well appointed, and highly soundproofed so that it was quiet. The bed, was extremely comfortable as well. I found this hotel resort to be efficient, well organized, and friendly. I was not in love with the buffet, but I got there at the end so many things were gone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Northern Q, Manager at Northern Quest Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience!!

We are pleased you enjoyed your overall visit with us, though hope you will come again and give our River’s Edge Buffet another try. We apologize for many items being removed from the line and want to assure you we have discussed this concern with our team, so as to prevent this from occurring in the future. We want our guests to fully enjoy the experience of River’s Edge no matter what time you arrive to dinner.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again and encourage you to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit fully enjoyable.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We decided to go to Spokane on the spur of the moment and picked Northern Quest since we had heard so much about it. We drove from Missoula and arrived at 3:00 in the afternoon and had to leave by 9:00 the next morning. It was a very short trip but we had great food, great fun and the room was wonderful. The amenities were nice and it was great to have a refridgerator in the room. Someone told me to be surprised by the great showers in each room. While it was nice it was hard to get the proper temperature without trying a few times and it was akward where the controls were in comparison to the shower heads. The only complaint I had was that we needed our car a few times so we opted not to use valet parking. I am disabled and there were no disabled parking spots available when we arrived at 3:00 pm. We had to park in the lot across the street and walk about 3 blocks which was difficult for me with a cane. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. It was quite a walk for me from the hotel to the casino also. Overall I would recommend this property and I am planning on returning there next month.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom S
Northern Q, Manager at Northern Quest Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit with Northern Quest Resort & Casino.

We appreciate you letting us know what you enjoyed from your visit and what you feel could use improvement. Guest feedback is our most valuable tool for improvement and we appreciate your help.

We would like to apologize for the parking inconvenience and that you were not offered shuttle service to or from your vehicle. Our Transportation department is always willing to assist our guests with transporting from our lots and we hope that during a future visit you will not experience any difficulty with getting to and from your vehicle.

We look forward to your future visit and encourage you to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit with us fully enjoyable.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel doesn't really NEED another great review, but I felt I had to gush someplace. I stayed in one of the large suites on the 10th floor. Great view of downtown Airway Heights - okay, that's no so great, but with a full moon - it was nice.
When I walked in I gasped at the size. I was just expecting a larger room, this was two rooms - a living room and a bedroom - two bathrooms, two large TVs and a little wet bar area with a sink, dishes and a cooler.
In the living room was an L-shaped couch with a sofa bed. The TV is 42" and the windows are floor to celing. There is a large ottoman with a tray on it for use however you need. Right as you walk in, there is a door that I thought was a closet, but it turned out to be a half bath with a toliet and a funky sink.
The bedroom - oh the bedroom. Just thinking about it makes my stress drain away! The bed is high - very high with little steps to get up in it. It's large, comfy, tons of pillows - did I say comfy? There is a lounging couch, little desk, another large TV and great lighting.
Now the bathroom - big as my kitchen! Toliet behind a frosted door - but big enough space so you don't feel like you are in a closet - two sinks, a jetted soaking tub and a huge HUGE shower with controls for temperature and which shower heads are active. Bliss!
Add in the great spa (see Rita for a facial), wonderful pool, fitness center, free airport shuttle, lots of eateries and lounges - including the top-rated Maslows and the wonderful service and you've got yourself the perfect hotel.
I like the little added extras like the REAL glasses and the Keurig coffee/tea offerings. They even supplied complimentary water bottle for making your coffee. And the nice turn-down service, goodies and they left soft music playing - a nice touch.
Oh, and there is a casino and lots of shows and concerts. The Q - their sports bar is non-smoking and offers a 30 foot screen!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for the great review!
We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and that you found all our added details to make your stay most enjoyable. As a four diamond resort and casino, we are committed to superior service. We hope you will visit us again in the near future and that you will let us know if we can do anything to make your next visit even better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airway Heights
The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport
Hampton Inn by Hilton Spokane Airport
The Davenport Grand, Autograph Collection

Been to Northern Quest Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!