“Luxury Getaway, Close to Home”

Northern Quest Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airway Heights
Spokane, Washington
“Luxury Getaway, Close to Home”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! Once you step through the doors, you'll feel like you've been transported to a quieter version of Vegas. It's been beautifully done. We were in a standard room on the 10th floor and it was very luxurious. I wanted to take the bed home with me. It was so comfortable you sank into it. And, the BATH!! Wow! Everything about it said "Spoil me". We had pre-dinner cocktails is the upscale lobby bar and felt like we were in New York. Dinner was at Masselow's. While the decor there was terrific, we found the dinner somewhat mediocre and definitely not 4-star worthy. I would be negligent if I didn't mention that everyone everywhere was very nice and extremely courteous. If there is one disappointment, it was the casino. Filled with penny and nickel slot machines and only 4 video poker machines, it was not to our liking, since we are not interested in table games. We didn't mind though, we simply retired back to our terrific room with its comfy bed.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a mountain view are definitely a bonus.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natemom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Orofino, Idaho
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because I was there to plan an upcoming event, I had the luxury of seeing behind the scenes. It's as immaculate in the non-public area as in the rest of the facility. All linens (including bedspreads/accent pillows) laundered after every check-out, so you don't need to cringe about stretching out on the bed to watch tv. The best showers EVER with multiple luxury shower heads. My colleague took advantage of the spa and is still raving about it. A plethora of restaurants to choose from. Lots of little extras like free, upscale shuttle service, free valet parking, spotless gamining facilities - even the smoking section seemed smoke-free. What I really loved were the staff. Everyone was happy and friendly and seemed to genuinely care about your experience.

Room Tip: The hotel was at roughly 75% capacity when I was there and I never heard a peep, a TV, a door close...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine B
Northern Q, Manager at Northern Quest Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the great review!
We appreciate you letting us know about your experience and sharing your perception of our back-of-the-house. We take pride in our entire property and put much effort into keeping our grounds clean and comfortable for our guests and team members.
West Richland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pro's: Beautiful property. Wonderful staff. From the valet service to the dealers, everyone was very professional and just couldn't do enough to make your stay a perfect experience. The room was nicely sized, the bed was nice. The pillow menu cracked me up. But I wish I would have called for a "non-feather" pillow. The shower was incredible! Overall the room was very clean and smelled nice. We ordered the romance package so had turn-down service. It was nice to come in from the casino to mood lighting, soft music and chocolates.

Casino: I liked that the casino had both a smoking and non-smoking section. We won some and lost some so can't say the casino was a bust. :)

Spa: I only did a pedicure but it was nice. Not fabulous but nice. I wish that I had checked out the spa sooner (had the pedi on the day we checked out) as it was really well appointed. I could have spent a few hours just hanging out in the spa area. Very relaxing.

Restaurant: Noodles - Standard Chineese food. Good service. Located in the casino.
River's Edge Buffet - It's a buffet, I went because it was seafood night, a favorite with my husband.
Masselow's Restaurant - We ate breakfast here on our last day. It's a 5-star so we were a bit intimidated. The wait staff was very attentive. The service was slow, not sure why unless they were changing from breakfast to lunch (we came in late). My order was messed up, but the manager came out and offered to fix it or comp it. As it took so long to arrive, I had it compped. No worries. The food was good, well presented. Others in our party enjoyed thier meals as well. No complaints overall.

Con's: I really dislike having the sink in with the shower/toilet area. Just a pet peeve. Also, charging the room up front was a bit of a shock as we like to hold a room and pay with cash at the end of our stay. They also charge your CC $50 per night for "extras". I dislike having to pay up front for stuff I'm not using. Instead of crediting your card they cash you out. I don't like that we didn't have a choice in the matter. It would also be nice if they had some pet friendly rooms as we often travel with our dogs.

Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor. Very quiet. Our friends stayed in a ADC room and didn't like that as...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dnelson_13
Northern Q, Manager at Northern Quest Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for posting a review and sharing a room tip with our future guests!

We are pleased you found so much of our property enjoyable. Our staff is truly amazing and they really go out of their way to add those extra touches to make your entire stay memorable.

It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your breakfast in Masselow’s. We are a four diamond venue and we pride ourselves on offering superior service. We truly apologize for not going above and beyond to make your dining experience superior!

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We hope you will visit us again soon and that your next visit is nothing short of superior!
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice weekend getaway....very clean and beautiful. Not a gambler by any means...enjoyed the spa! The staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are luxuious and clean. You will love your showering experience from the four shower heads to the big fluffy towels. Make sure you take in the spa experience as well...make a day of it. Lots of things to do on the campus besides gamble if that is not your thing.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank harley712
Thanks for telling us about your ‘Awesome Getaway’!!
We always love to hear from our guests, especially with great feedback from a recent visit.
Kellogg, Idaho
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at the hotel and the valet was a nice surprise. The front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful with our itinery we had booked. The rooms were modern and comfortable and the bathroom was incredible. Loved the shower! We scheduled a couples massage and it was a great experience. The spa area is beautiful and tranquil. The resort offers several different restaurants which was great, but we went for the casual sports bar they call The Q. Loved the atmosphere and the food was delicious. Overall amazing night away and we truly appreciate the great hospitality!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heatherangle
Thanks for sharing your feedback!!
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that had a great visit with La Rive spa and dinner in the Q. There is so much to enjoy here that it can be difficult to experience everything.
Thank you for mentioning our front desk staff, as we truly have an amazing team that works hard to create our four diamond experience, which should be expected throughout Northern Quest Resort & Casino.
We look forward to having you again as our guest and hope your next visit with us is fully enjoyable.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

What can I say .......The hotel is always great very good service airport shuttle always there to pick me up I never have had another shuttle that was there every time,but this one is .room as always very clean very nice beds that take away jet lag.everything great thanks again

Stayed January 2013
Thank you for telling us about your visit!
We hope you will continue to visit our property and that all your future visits are fully enjoyable!
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After my wife had worked for 8 straight days, i felt she needed some relaxing time, so took her back to Northern Quest to have breakfast again at Masselow"s and to see if the quality was the same. And it was... my wife absolutely loves the chicken andouille gravy and biscuits, and I asked if the quality was as good as the last time. She said that it remained "exceptional", and she had never enjoyed biscuits and gravy more.. I also had the same breakfast, the eggs benedict, which were perfect. the eggs poached soft, but the whites were not runny, and the speck was razor thin and flavorful. I love the tightness of their english muffins, so ordered a side muffin to enjoy with whipped butter and jam.
Masselow's is most deserving of its 4 diamon award.
In the afternoon, I had made an appoinment for my wife to have a manicure in the salon, and she told me, it was very relaxing, including the sugar rub, hand and arm massage, and even came away with a beautifyl teal polish, - a real change for her.
At dinner, instead of returing to Masselow's as we had intended, it was recommended by several people in the casino area to take in the Buffet. We opted for that, and found tender and juicy prime rib, planked salmon, 5 different types of crab, including King, Snow, etc,, mussels, clans, oysters, and more. It was, to say the least, a feast. and all for just over $20,00 per person plus gratuity..... worth every penny, make no mistake.
I would like to say that we stayed at the hotel, but, alas, I am not able to do so. I did call ahead and asked for the hotel manager, and asked him to match the $70 dollar nightly price i had gotten less than a mile away, but the best he could offer was $99 dollars. As in advertising and in rental cars, if you havent sold it, you are losing money. The hotel, I am sure, is often full, and busy, but when you have an opportunity in an early midweek day to rent a room versus having it empty, I feel certain the resort would have benefited beyond the room fee, whether late night room service, or even staying in the casino longer as your room is just upstairs........ Hope management makes notes of these comments and considers them for the future...
While I am retired, my wife continue to work, so these getaways are nice for her, and we will certainly consider returning here, and next time we will have dinner at Masselow's.
Thank you to the staff in the restaurant, the buffet, the salon, and the casino... it was a very enjoyable few days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review!
We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and that you plan on having dinner in Masselow’s during your next visit. You won’t be disappointed!
We look forward to having you again as our guest and encourage you to continue to tell us about your experiences.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airway Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Spokane Airport
Hampton Inn Spokane
Hampton Inn Spokane
#2 of 46 in Spokane

Been to Northern Quest Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!