“Clean!”

Acme Diner
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Acme
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Nice little diner fast friendly service, very clean. We just had 1/2order biscuit and gravy and breakfast sandwich both very good, nice portion. I did think their prices we little high, but they do have along way to bring in food.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

One of the best motorcycle roads and generally scenic highways in the Pacific Northwest has to be Hwy 20 over the North Cascades. The pass portion of the hwy is only open in the summer but it is a paved road in excellent condition and fantastic scenery. Leaving Sedro Wooley on Hwy 9, you will come across the Acme Diner. It is a must stop for lunch for me and my friends when we pass this way at least once each year. The fare is authentice home style food and they do an excellent job at very reasonable prices. We had their special of the day which was prime rib tacos for eight dollars. For eight bucks you got three tacos on hand made flour tacos, home style salsa and a choice of sides inching home made soup, cole slaw or salad. For an extra buck and a half you could have home made potato chips or onion rings. The decor is diner style, the owners personable, and the cafe is immaculately clean. The Acme diner does what it does, and that is serve home style American food at a reasonable cost, excellently! That's worth five stars from me. It is a must stop on the way to the North Cascades. Try it.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Acme Diner is fabulous, and worth a detour from I-5, for anyone traveling up to the Mt. Baker recreation area! Just a note of correction: It is not in Sedro Woolley; it is in the small town of Acme, located at 2045 Valley Hwy., Acme, WA 98220, Open Tuesday through Sunday from 7:00 am till 8:00 pm.

The restaurant is spotless, and perfectly done in the theme of a 1950s diner. Great colors, ambience, delightful staff, and generous portions.

My husband enjoyed the homemade chili. My girlfriend had a delicious BLT, and loved it because the bread was toasted just right. Her French fries were among the best I've ever tasted. (I was very happy that she was willing to share!) My beef taco salad was seasoned just right, and was accompanied by their homemade chips.

In the future, we will time our trips so that we are in this area at meal time. I can't wait to try their breakfasts, which they serve all day. They also offer the very special Acme ice cream. There is a very cute, rustic bar in the back of the restaurant.

1  Thank Maija E
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Eight of us showed up unannounced on a Sunday morning for breakfast! They move tables around and accommodated us immediately. Portions were substantial and incredibly they make fresh squeezed orange juice that is to die for!! They came around with coffee and checked in with us if we needed anything on a regular basis. Exceptional customer service! This Café is about 35 to 40 minutes out of Bellingham but well worth the trip!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stopped for breakfast while on a motorcycle ride and had a great breakfast at this nice little diner.
Good food,generous portions and quick and friendly service.
We'll be back on our next ride down Highway #9