“Historic Tall Ship”

The Lady Washington
Ranked #3 of 22 things to do in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Take time to tour this great ship. Better yet, book a sail and experience life aboard. Just like days of yore! Featured in many movies.

1  Thank Cosmopolitan899
All reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
"her sister"
"training"
"california"
"folks"

Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you have time to visit the Lady Washington and spend some time on the old ship, it is definitely worth it. It provides a great view of life on a ship during the 1800s.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I guess the boat is not open to look at or photograph. The person I spoke with met me as I pulled in gave me no information about when or if I could see the boat and basically told me to leave. I got a snap shot from the bridge.

2  Thank Coast2CoastSolo
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The 'Hawaiian Chieftain' was in Bellingham this weekend, without the 'Lady Washington', unfortunately, as she was having some hull repair work done. Therefore, they did not offer the battle cruises this time. We took the afternoon 3 hours cruise and had a fantastic time. The crew were dressed in period costumes, which looked relatively realistic rather than hokey, even down to the crude patches on some of the clothes. (They have added the modern safety equipment, much to my relief, since they are climbing on the rigging while underway.) The crew is mainly young, enthusiastic, and very friendly, trying to engage each passenger during the cruise. About half are strictly volunteer.

During the cruise, we motored upwind to get away from the marina, then they set sail (beautiful!) and tacked back and forth around the bay. I had hoped to get a little further out, but this probably made for a smoother ride for us landlubbers. There was entertainment (shanties sung, gun firing for the kids, etc.) and, of course, souvenirs to buy if you are so inclined. No food or drink provided, but that wasn't a problem. I'm not sure they have a head for passengers, so come prepared. Also, it really is modeled on a 19th century wooden ship, so it is not wheelchair accessible.

I am looking forward to having both ships in the area again next summer, as I would love to be on a battle cruise and watch all the maneuvering. This would be an exceptional experience for kids!

1  Thank Kathair