“A motel I was happy with!”

GuestHouse Aberdeen Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Aberdeen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A motel I was happy with!”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My husband and I drove up the OR/WA coast and decided to find a place to stay along the way. When darkness hit and we were headed to Aberdeen, I checked hotels and found that our sleeping options were limited to motels in the area and a few B&Bs which were priced much higher. I have nothing against motels as long as they are clean and 'not sketchy', so we read a few TA reviews and decided to give the Olympic Inn a shot as we were planning to arrive, sleep, and leave.

I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I loved the waffle maker in the breakfast room the next morning. If you are in the area or passing through and looking for a place to stay, we'd recommend. It's not the Sheraton, but it isn't portraying itself to be one. Comfortable, clean and convenient. We didn't have any issues with traffic noise, though it was a random Tuesday night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
17 Thank Alybyzrp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wa. State
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Since I was traveing alone, I searched for inexpensive but clean accomodatins. This motel is a 60's era tourist court, but it has been upgraded and modernized recently. The room was quite large, the bed was reasonably comfortable, there was a couch and chair and all appeared very clean. The contenential breakfast was adequate, the TV worked well and the Wifi was free.

The front desk people (I think they are family members) were personable.

For $55.00 + tax it was just fine.

Just don't confuse it with a Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
14 Thank Spokaneman1949
Eugene, OR
Reviewed September 7, 2009

The room was clean enough and supplied well enough, but the drape was ascue and would not open/close properly. No elevator, no pool, no mat in the bath for when you get out, breakfast was somewhat adequate. Very small TV.
The staff was nice and efficient.
Overall, it was NOT an $80 room. Perhaps $50 - $60 would be okay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2009

When I am in Aberdeen I always stay at this place. The rooms are clean and that is the most important part of my stay anywhere. The staff is not frendly as other have started. If the cost of the rooms were just a little cheaper this place would have a lot more people staying. The night I stayed here last weekend the Nordic Inn was sold out and this place had lots of open rooms. Next time I may try the Nordic Inn as it is under new management and the rooms cost less. A senior or AARP discount would help to attract customers to this motel too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
13 Thank Cobra800
newzlady2
Reviewed March 18, 2009

From the outside this seemed like a fairly good hotel, however things aren't always what they seem. The clerk was very frank, and didn't seem to like us so she was kind of rude. The rooms weren't the best as I found a couple of hairs in the bed, and the tables were pretty dusty, which is one of my pet peeves. Also, the towels were somewhat ripped and the rooms smelled old. In my opinion this wasn't a very good experience at all.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank newzlady2
Puyallup, WA
Reviewed October 30, 2008

The Olympic Inn is one of the larger and better kept motels that I saw in Aberdeen. The lady in the office was super nice, you get a free newspaper, and there is breakfast in the office that includes Belgian waffles. The rooms were large, clean, and well furnished - iron, hair dryer, shampoo, nice towels, tv, wireless internet, microwave, and fridge. I stayed during the week, so it was fairly quiet. However, if you are staying on a weekend, it would be wise to pack earplugs. The Olympic Inn certainly isn't upscale, but It was fine for my needs, and I will stay there again when I next have to do business in Aberdeen.

Stayed October 2008
11 Thank YMRoadWarrior
Red House
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We were traveling and it was time to find a place to stay. I will tell you that this looked like the best of what we had seen of this town. The price was ok but this place is well woren, needs lots of updates. It was clean, room was big, bathroom was clean. Had an odd odor. I found the staff to be nice, but the area scared me. There were lots of lumberjacks and other working men staying there and the parking lot was tight and hard to park in, but I felt safer knowing alot of working men were staying there.

• Liked — The staff were nice, and the room big.
  • Disliked — The strange odor and the location.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Sarahjane24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
Canterbury Inn
Canterbury Inn
#1 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn

Been to GuestHouse Aberdeen Inn? Share your experiences!