“WE FINALLY MADE IT”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“WE FINALLY MADE IT”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

All the way from Melborune, Australia we came to the park and chilled under Kurts bridge. It was awesome and kind of eerie to be in such a pivotal part of Kurts childhood. A MUST for any Nirvana fan.

13 Thank Wusty

• Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Port Angeles, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kurt Cobain Memorial Park”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was cool seeing Kurt's memorial and his house right down the street. He was the best thing to ever come out of Aberdeen.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Flamingolace
Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Perfect Memorial to Kurt”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've been a longtime Nirvana fan (since I was 15, before Nevermind even came out!) and am from the East Coast so grew up reading and hearing about Aberdeen via news articles and even Cobain speaking about it. I had no idea I would be passing through this town on my way to Olympic National Park but there it was! And when I spotted the tiny signs indicating the way to the park, I knew I had to check it out.

Frankly, I was worried it would be cheesy and dumb, something Kurt would have hated, but I thought it was absolutely fitting to the person he really was. A very Kurt-like memorial, to be sure, with a couple plaques, and a guitar, but mostly it was all about being Under the Bridge for me. I had read about that spot and imagined it many times. And to be there....it was amazing, and actually a very pretty spot with a nice view from his place under the bridge there.

One of the loveliest spots in all of town that I could see from my brief visit. I was really touched; it is a small, damp place, with a view of the river and the water rushes waving in the breeze, and the sun was setting while I was there. To the left, the "drippings from the ceiling" from the song's lyrics (Something in the Way), and the occasional rhythmic thunk of the cars on the bridge above. I felt connected to Kurt Cobain just as I did when I was young, and it is a place I will never forget. The graffiti was almost all positive and heartfelt and brightened up what was otherwise a dark space. So happy to see that this place is not commercial or lame. I honestly think Kurt would have loved it.

7 Thank StarreVartan
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Kurt cobain landing”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Such a cool place to visit! I could really imagine Kurt hanging-out here writing songs. View of the River is lovely.

4 Thank Helen1977890
Hoquiam, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not worth the trip.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Pretty darned good musician but the memorial seems designed as an attempt to draw in tourism. It is a fact the this man really didn't like Aberdeen and his personal life style of abusing drugs and alcohol are nothing that should be celebrated let alone his suicide.

Visited February 2014