“Best on the Harbor”

Westport Winery
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pacific North West food. Different Chefs are on location. They are a winery that has wines everyone will love, even those who do not like wine along with wonderful food. The owners are delightful and plan on having a nice relaxing evening. Call ahead to find out if there is a mystery dinner, wine club, lecture, or some other event that you can attend.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great food and service for the money. Nice variety of amazing wines. Worth the time whether you are with your friends or alone with someone special. The best wine is the Duckleberry.

1  Thank Jacque R

Reviewed March 4, 2014

With a small group of friends we enjoyed a wonderful dining experience where the food was creative and cooked to perfection. The staff was very attentive but not hovering and everyone was very knowledgeable about the food and the wine they make. It is one of the best places to dine in Aberdeen.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Westport Winery isn't TOO far from where I live. That means it's less than an hour drive. Anyway, we are wine club members here because they have the first wine I ever tasted that I actually enjoyed (Ancient Mariner. FTW)! Once I had that, I was hooked, tried a few more wines, found some more that I liked, and we became wine club members. That means that we go here at least once every 3 months to pick up our wines, and usually we eat when we pick up our wines. Often we're here for lunch, and their lunch menu doesn't have nearly as many gluten-free options as the dinner menu, which means I'm stuck with a salad. I don't really mind. I'm used to it. But still, salad can get old. But not their crab louie with honey-thousand dressing. It's good. REALLY good. Real crab... well, it would be a travesty if it wasn't, since they're only a few miles from Westport and the fishing/crabbing industry there. But I digress. So I order the crab louie every time, and I never feel like I'm being stuck with a salad. Of course, adding a glass of Ancient Mariner and the gluten-free lava cake for dessert doesn't hurt with the not-feeling-stuck-with-a-salad feeling.

If you are here when they are busy, service can be a little slow, especially since everything is made-to-order. I don't see this as a downside here though. Slow at McDonalds is a deal-killer. Slow at a winery, where the atmosphere is made to slow down, enjoy a glass of wine over a table with friends, and savor both food and life, is part of the experience, and not a bad part.

1  Thank EnchantedCindy
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visited for the Crush festival which celebrated the annual harvest but also the dog park opening. Though the dog "park" is small, our two goof balls liked romping around and sniffing in the new enclosure set next to the life size chess board and grapevine maze. We enjoyed lunch in the covered atrium and had the stuffed mushroom (5 stars for those!) and the Bubba burger with local sourced cow and greens. Dogs could not join us inside, but probably would be allowed at the outside tables, so ask. The wine was not really to our liking (too many fruit combinations), but I would encourage folks to visit just to see the gardens and have a nice lunch.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

When you arrive at the front door you have no idea what lies in store for you. The interior is quaint and appears small. Trinkets, books, and a tasting bar immediately catch your eye. Tasting is fun and there is a wine for almost any taste. But the fun begins with food. Sit, relax and eat. Oh don't forget to save room for dessert. The bill will be about what you pay at any great restaurant anywhere.

That is not where it ends. On a dry day you can stroll the ground forever. Play a game of bocci, chess, (giant sized) sit in one of many intimate seating areas, look at the plants and flowers, follow the winding paths through art in glass, metal, and rock. So much to see in what appears to be very little space. Great place for a wedding, small party, or just to hang out with the one you love or good friends. It is also a family spot. Something for everyone. Plan on exploring and don't forget to grab a bottle of wine and couple of glasses for your stroll.

Loved the winery.