“worst service ever”

Ranked #39 of 63 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 27, 2014

the servcie was so bad
the waitress never came back to check on us
took 20 to get order taken
1hr to get our food,
and 15 minutes to get out bill

1  Thank jennifer573

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Don't bother. It's dark, dingy, all the food comes from cans. Disgusting and overpriced. Frozen burger patties, canned gravy, canned sauce, canned everything. I'd rather eat at a hospital.

2  Thank Supaxeph R
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hubby and I stopped at Duffy's for a late lunch during a 2-week road trip through the Pacific Northwest. We chose Duffy's for the same reasons many other reviewers have noted: it looked better than other restaurants we saw driving through town, the parking lot was full, it was listed in one of our guidebooks, etc. Actually, the food was quite good. Hubby and I shared an appetizer of fried clam strips, which we both enjoyed. Hubby ordered a razor clam sandwich as his entree - he'd never eaten razor clams before, and will be a fan forevermore. I had fish and chips, which was good - not greasy at all - but I do wish the potatoes had be cut wide instead of thin. Duffy's also has a full bar and, since I wasn't driving, I ordered a Mai Tai - my go-to cocktail when on vacation. I've had better Mai Tais, but this one was very good. Service throughout the meal was excellent, and the cost of our lunch was average. The trouble only started as we were leaving...

I am disabled: I broke my back and although I've learned to walk again, my legs don't always work very well. This day was a good day for me, and I was using only a cane. I wanted to use the restroom at Duffy's before we got back on the road, and was glad to see a disabled sign on the door. Hubby said he was going to the Men's Room and would then wait for me. I entered the Women's Room and there was no one else there. I went into the ADA stall and noted that the toilet seat seemed a little lower than expected when I sat down. Sure enough, even with a grab bar on one side, I was unable to stand up no matter how hard I tried. Since there was still no one else in the restroom, I yelled my husband's name. Thank heavens he heard me! He entered the Women's Room and had to crawl under the door of the ADA stall to help me stand again. After that, I headed straight to the front desk. I asked to speak to the manager, and told her what had happened. She grimaced, rolled her eyes, and said "I've been telling the owner that, trying to get him to understand..." At that moment the owner walked by, and she turned me over to him. I explained to him what had happened - which he thought was hilarious - and he laughingly said "There's a grab bar." "Yes", I replied, "but it didn't help because the toilet itself is too low." His next question, still laughing, was "Why did your husband have to crawl under the door?" "Because I'd locked the stall door", I replied. "Well, then, that's the problem", he said, as if it was my fault I couldn't stand up because the stall door was locked. When I pointed out the inconsistency of that statement, his patience with a consumer complaint gave up: he said "That's all my architects say I need to do, and that's all I'm doing", and abruptly walked away. If this is the person making decisions about the restaurant, no wonder the manager is rolling her eyes!

If I'm ever in Aberdeen again, I will NOT eat at Duffy's

2  Thank helmerphud
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were driving through and saw the sign for Duffy's. The parking lot was full, and it looked better than all of the other places we had passed. We were not disappointed. I see some reviewers have noted the need for updating. I only judge on cleanliness, food and service. All of these were above reproach. The menu provided a lot to choose from.
I ordered the Razor Clam Appetizer, which was huge and cooked to perfection. Overcooking makes it rubbery, but this was just right, and very fresh. Also ordered a dinner salad, which was fresh, crisp and plentiful. Bread Pudding was the dessert, and while I don't ordinarily order dessert, this was a good finish to my meal.
My friend ordered the Clam Chowder, which she said was very good, and the Yak Burger, which she said was very like Bison and was also very good.
Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable, the service could not have been better.
We were happy we stopped at Duffy's. It was very pleasant, and we would do it again.

1  Thank Debimlee
Reviewed September 14, 2013

we stopped at Duffy's for lunch because the parking lot was full and that usually indicates good food, good value or both! In this case it may be that it's a Park and Ride lot. The restaurant was pretty full, mostly seniors so they must have a separate seniors menu that I did not see. It was expensive for what you got, portions were modest and quality was only fair. There is a reason there are so many fast food places in Aberdeen! save $20 and go to Subway!

3  Thank allisonodenthal