“If you want yak, go to Duffy's”
Review of Duffy's Restaurant

Duffy's Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 63 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were headed for Ocean Shores but decided we needed to eat so we stopped at Duffy's. We found a family-owned restaurant that has been around for 60+ years. The restaurant itself is showing its age and could use a bit of a make-over.

The scallops were good-sized and tasty (according to another member of our party). I had the yak burger. Yes, yak. The meat is very lean, bordering on dry. I'm glad I tried it. Duffy's serves yak sausage for breakfast.

1  Thank DrBabs65

Reviewed August 21, 2013

To Aberdeen! Lurking incognito is Duffy's restaurant, located in the center of town, well-signed on Highway 101. The waitress was the best part of our dining experience. The razor clams were bland and were not fresh tasting; the burger was pretty standard fare, and the BLT left much to be desired with limp lettuce and soggy toast. The age of a place can add charm and character to a place, but at Duffy's years just gave you old and dreary. While Denny's gives good value for their food, we found the prices unreasonably high at Duffy's. We would not eat there again.

1  Thank sooie n
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had just finished a fishing trip at Westport, WA. There are literally no breakfast choices in that town so we headed for Aberdeen. My wife remembered Duffy's from when she was a child. (It has been in business for 68 years!) We ordered chicken fried steak and corned beef hash with eggs. The chicken fried steak was hand breaded, home made corned beef hash, homemade biscuits with homemade jam. OMG, it was amazing. Super friendly staff, great coffee, we will definitely make this our on the way home stop each time we are in Ocean Shores or Westport.

2  Thank JosephJFuller
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Not many choices in town open on Fourth of July, so we stopped in. Food was ok, nothing great.. Friendly service. But the pie... Oh, my the pie! Homemade blackberry and homemade chocolate cream. I'd go back just for the pie. The stuffed prawns were obviously frozen, pre-stuffed. Good but nothing I could not get anywhere. Oysters were fresh and not bad, clam chowder was ok as was salmon. But the pie... The pie!

1  Thank cossondra
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yesterday we drove by Aberdeen in a very rainy day, and we found this restaurant. It was the worse experience that we had in a long, long time! I did not like the decor, very dark, but my husband was really hungry and it was raining really bad, so we stayed...Please, do not make the same mistake that we did! We could not eat most of the food. Bad taste, greasy, it was really bad!

If you check online, the website for Duffy's is NOT correct. The website in Google promotes a different chain of restaurants in FL, and they are not associated with this restaurant in Aberdeen.

3  Thank nivenmart