“Old place, old food: Do not”
Review of Duffy's Restaurant

Duffy's Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 63 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yesterday we drove by Aberdeen in a very rainy day, and we found this restaurant. It was the worse experience that we had in a long, long time! I did not like the decor, very dark, but my husband was really hungry and it was raining really bad, so we stayed...Please, do not make the same mistake that we did! We could not eat most of the food. Bad taste, greasy, it was really bad!

If you check online, the website for Duffy's is NOT correct. The website in Google promotes a different chain of restaurants in FL, and they are not associated with this restaurant in Aberdeen.

3  Thank nivenmart

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on April 29th. I had their chili and the Lemon pie. Was very disappointed. Chili had no seasonings in it, and the Lemon pie, I couldn't eat. Sugar in the egg white topping was not desolved and the lemon filling did not have flavor. My wife had their Oyster stew and she also was not impressed with the flavor. Our waitress, I thought was not very attentive even though there was only one other customer in the restaurant. I told the waitress about the pie but she must have thought I needed to pay for it regardless.
We will not return. Was not worth the money and not impressed with the service!

3  Thank Perry W
Reviewed April 25, 2013

On our way back from a beach weekend we were passing through Aberdeen when our five year old daughter said she was starving!!! We were pulling a trailer so that makes parking difficult. We saw the Duffy's and found plenty of room for our rig.

Our daughter loves corn dogs and french fries but sometimes it's really hard to find a corn dog that is cooked right. Her's was perfect and she ate every bite. The fries were also excellent.

My wife ordered clam chowder and a chef salad. The chowder was good and the salad was huge!! There was no way she could finish it. You could feed two big eaters with that salad.

I wanted something simple because I saw the pies in the display case so I ordered a simple cheese burger and small side salad. The cheese burger was just like home made with lightly grilled thin sliced onions and deli pickles and lettuce. The little side salad wasn't so little. I swear someone was refilling my salad plate every time I turned my head.

For the crowning finish we order a slice of lemon meringue and chocolate cream pie. Both slices were towering in size with flaky, delicious crusts. The lemon filling was nicely tart so that when you combined it with the meringue and crust the taste was perfect. The chocolate cream pie was so smooth that you had to close your eyes in delight with every bite.

The lady serving us was wonderful, attentive, and a joy to visit with.

1  Thank Roddy M
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I grew up in Aberdeen and Duffy's was one of the better places to get a meal. Apparently I was deluded into what good food was or their quality has taken a serious nose dive. It wasn't too many years ago when I took my mother there and we had an edible meal but not what I remembered. However, my most recent trip there was a total disappointment.
The wait staff was not very friendly, the flavor of the food was not good, and the place appeared to be run down. The wait staff made us feel like we were putting them out because they had to do something.
I may try them again but if there are alternatives, I'll go there.

2  Thank Treedfrog
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nothing fancy, but a little pricey. I thought the clam chowder was mediocre. There were only two of us, so we didn't see most of the items they serve.