“Be Aware!!!”

BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I recently stayed at the Guesthouse Inn & Suites and had a terrible experience. The customer service was the worst I have ever experienced. When I called the front desk to ask why the room wasn't made up from the night before I was told the maid service leaves at 12:00. If your not out of your room at least an hour before then you are out of luck. You are not told that before! When I asked for clean towels for the morning I was also told I needed to call back in an hour because there were no towels available. This was at 9:45 at night! Both times we went to the pool there were no towels available to dry. Our sink was not draining and most of the tiles in the bathroom were cracked. There was no manager available to speak with. So when I returned home I spoke with the manager. He was extremely rude to me and made no effort to apologize or admit there was a problem with the acomidations or how it was handled by the staff. Aparently they think people don't matter and they certainly don't care about making things right with their customers.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank girlygirl23

Reviewed August 1, 2009

My room was spacious (sitting area, kitchenette and separate bedroom) and reasonably priced, but outdated and somewhat shabby (e.g. rip in loveseat cushion cover). I found a hair in my bedding when I first turned-down the covers.

The front desk staff was actively unhelpful. At check-in, following directions and ringing the bell (repeatedly) for service was ineffective and we needed to call on our cell phone to raise an employee. I had a question about checkout procedures and was told an incorrect answer by the first employee I spoke with. When we asked the front desk about a taxi, we were told that she didn't know and that WE should check on-line.

The business center did not have Excel.

If you have the time, continue out of town to better options.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank jaf16
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I arrived and was greeted warmly by the front desk agent and was checked in quickly. The room was nice and clean and on the river side. The view of the river wasnt the best but I wasnt staying their for the view. They have a business center which I needed, so was very happy that they had it. I did not get up in time for the continental breakfast so I am unable to share what I thought. I also did not use the pool or fitness area but I did take a peek at them and they looked clean. There are many restuarants, mostly fast food nearby and its near the streets to get you in and out of Aberdeen.

The only negative is when I asked the front desk agent about who she would recommend for a cab company she gave me the phone number for the Grays Harbor Transit, which is the bus. The bus was not going to help me get to where I needed to go, plus it was the office number and they were closed. I called the first number in the yellow pages and luckily it worked out.

All in all I would stay here again if I was going to be in Aberdeen and would recommend this to anybody who would be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Unlike previous reviews we found all the hotel staff to be pleasant, courteous and very helpful. One thing with which you will need help in this town is where to eat; especially in winter, some of the better restaurants are open fewer days than expected, and some have short evening hours. Dining options other than fast food in the immediate area are somewhat limited. The hotel staff was very helpful in exploring the dining options.

Our rooms were spacious, well-equipped, very clean and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable. The room has a mini-kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, sink and prep area. There is a small dining area and a separate business work area. The hotel also has a small business center. There is an indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi, both very well-maintained and pleasant to use.

The hotel's breakfast is mostly "continental" type however they offer make-your-own hot waffles as well. If this is not suitable, there are some excellent places for breakfast within a few blocks.

As we explored the area, this hotel seemed the best in the area. To find better, one would need to drive another half hour west to the Pacific to Ocean Shores where there was a better selection and some of higher quality. For our business visit, our local hosts recommended that the Guest House was "the only place to stay."

The high speed wireless internet was free and easy to connect. The television service had a normal variety of cable service including premium channels.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I stayed here as I arrived in town to go to Ocean Shores the next day. It looked better than the rest of the motels in Aberdeen, so I pulled in there. I was checked in by someone who looked like she still went to high school. She seemed offended when I rang the bell three times (there was nobody else at the desk) and didn't greet me at all. I asked for two extra soaps before I left the desk
and she replied w/ something along the lines like, "There's soap already in the room".

When I went up to my room, it was like an oven in there. I turned on the AC, which was noisy, to cool the room. I had to wash the coffeepot again as it felt oily to the touch. The tub and shower had hair in it. The ice bucket, even though I didn't need to use it, had a yellowish film inside it - gross!
The fridge had a few stray spaghetti noodles and had a slight smell, but not as bad as the microwave! I had toilet problems and it stopped up at every opportunity it had. When I called up for a plunger, it was the lady who checked me in. She felt offended when I asked for the toilet to be fixed. Another staff member came up to my room, handed me a plunger in a bucket, and left without offering me help.

Surprisingly, underneath the bed was clean, but the nightstand needed dusting and the window had a few forgotten fingerprints. The bed was awful! It had came to the point I had to notify the Front Desk and ask if they had a Sleep number bed or something (doubted it, but it was worth the ask). It was the same snotty girl. Needless to say, I was coerced to sleep in the bed. I left the window open as the A/C was too noisy and I didn't need noise.

According to the tour book I had, there was a continental breakfast. I expected a hot breakfast buffet as I had just payed $80. Hah! Stale cereal, muffins and cookies, plus coffee and tea. Wow! I asked for a coffee mug to take up to my room as the paper cup was too flimsy, I got the mug - and a rude "You can't take this with you. It's to stay in your room". I was insulted! This was a different front desk person - did they hate the world or something? They were very rude. I washed up yesterdays clothes in their guest laundry after pulling out a contraceptive (gross) and some stray quarters (yay!). out of the washer. The guest laundry was unkempt and had dryer lint on top of the machines and the floor.

I went to Denny's for a more fulfilling breakfast, came back, got my luggage and left. I was so glad to get out of that overpriced motel - not hotel -
with rude, uncaring staff. Just because it has a fancy hotel-style fountain in the lobby doesn't mean that this MOTEL is a place you want to stay at.
They charge way too much for poor service. The room looked like it was just vacuumed and MAYBE the beds changed. They don't pay too much attention as the Bible had ripped pages and obscenities scrawled all over every other page - how sad! The lobby and the pool are the only things you see when walking in - after that, you have loud families yelling in the halls, ice all over the floor, DIRTY ROOMS and poor service. DO NOT stay here unless you like to be treated like dirt! Days Inn, which wasn't in Aberdeen, has ALWAYS treated me well, likewise with Motel 6 and Super 8 (had one problem with them that was resoled quickly). Manager was not available, must be afraid of his/her angry customers.

Do yourself a favor. Avoid the Guesthouse!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
4  Thank dodge2500
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Clearly a popular hotel, the parking lot was about full. I had a room looking out over the river (not as romantic as it might sound but quiet).

Nothing exceptional but no problems either. Given a second time around I wouldn't have a night break in Aberdeen but it makes a good stop if you need to stay in the town.

The best thing about it for me was the late checkout of noon. I needed the extra sleep that day!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kttravel08
Reviewed May 29, 2008

As a Company when we look for Hotels for our employees, we look for hotels that mirror our Customer Service Values. This Hotels customer service agents were evasive,un-professional and were not interested in helping our business with some of the most simple requests. When we asked for a supervisor call back they responded "Good Luck getting a call vack" Our Employee did request a call back and as of today No call back has occured.

If your looking for a hotel in Aberdeen your better off Making a trip to the Coast....I am sure this is not an isolated issue. Keep looking... Best of luck with your travel arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank Hotelcritik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Travelodge Aberdeen
#3 of 14 in Westport
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn
Westport Marina Cottages Motel

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen? Share your experiences!