“The all you can eat crabs is there anything more to say?!”

Wright's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Atlantic
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a great place to eat the island famous crabs and it is an all you can eat price. It has a salad bar included hush puppies, corn, and fried shrimp. It is a simple room with a great view of the bay nothing fancy but clean and the service is attentive. There is another dining room as well for other things on the menu that are not where you get seated for the all you can eat crabs. No one rushes you, you get your next tray of crabs when you are ready. We are not big on the old bay seasoning so they even wash off for us now that is accommodating your customers!! If you want good, fresh, seafood and a great view this is the place pocket pleasing as well.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

First off, THE VIEW!! We were lucky enough to be seated right by the window looking out towards the bay. It was absolutely beautiful. The food was great and the portions were giant! Oh, and the cornbread! It was so good! The atmosphere was wonderful and our server was very friendly. Hands down the nicest spot to have dinner on the bay. We will absolutely come here again. Make sure you have a reservation if you want the good seats by the windows!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Discovered this place driving by on our way to enjoy the beach and see the famous "Chincoteague Ponies." With nearly 40,000 packing the small island for the world-famous event, it was great to enjoy a nice dinner here only 10 minutes inland. The restaurant is very dated, but clean, and has a nice view of the bay (right on the water). Our server was nice, and the food was great! My wife and I had crab soup as a starter and it was amazing! (Better than Lorraine's out on Tangier Island!) For our main, my wife had the steamed shrimp and I had the crab-stuffed flounder, again, delicious! We went for a nice long night walk on the beach after and noticed other seafood restaurants on the island. They may have been good too, but most looked very "touristy" and almost every one of them had a people waiting outside. We'll definitely be back to Wright's!

1  Thank A_Beauceant
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The seafood was fresh and tasty. The service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable. The view was great.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I visited this restaurant on Wallops Island, Virginia (just before reaching Chincoteague Island for lunch on a Sunday. I had stopped at the Virginia Rest Stop on the Eastern Shore, and picked up brochures, including one for Wrights.

Easy to find, the place is on the water. Inside and out, it took me right back to the 1960's, and the excitement of a special Sunday meal out with my grandparents. The property used to be a button factory, as well as a chicken-farming concern. (If you want to know what's so special about a button factory..go to the Chincoteague museum and look for the seashell exhibit!)

I had such a hard time picking what I wanted from the menu, although I knew it would be Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab. Many people were enjoying the buffet, but I was there for fresh seafood. I finally went with Crab Imperial, and was excited to see a very large portion. The creamy topping id let the baked crab underneath shine through, and didn't overpower. Being originally from Baltimore, I have eaten blue crab all my life; I love to compare all the Imperial recipes I can find. The little cornbread bites were moist and tasty; I enjoyed a side salad and baked potato. Desserts looked wonderful, but I was full so didn't indulge. Prices were reasonable; the view wonderful, even on a cloudy day.

My waitress was extremely friendly and efficient, even with a large, busy section. I like that the dining rooms were divided into spaces of 12 or so tables, so it was never too loud or crowded, even with most of the tables full. Having tables full of locals also tells all the good things about a restaurant.

I'm very happy to have found this gem, and will certaibly stop again when on Virginia's Eastern Shore.