“Best Crab Imperial”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I go to certain restaurants for foods I have found that fixes them the best way possible and Wrights has the best crab imperial on the shore. Their buffets are always a winner also!

1  Thank FlounderSeeker
There are newer reviews for Wright's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I read a few of the previous negative reviews and I wonder why we had such a different experience. We went for a late lunch - I think it was around 2:15pm. The restaurant was slow, so maybe that is why our experience was just fine. This is an old fashioned, Eastern Shore seafood restaurant with nice water views. They are known for their seafood and hardshell, blue crabs. Ours was a party of 4. We were greeted promptly and congenially upon entering, and ushered to our table immediately. Our waitress promptly appeared, was friendly and took our drink order and returned with it in 2 minutes flat. We placed our food orders and received these within less than 10 minutes. Everything was piping hot, exactly as ordered, and delicious. Their prices are reasonable, and Wright's is a nice alternative to restaurants in Chincoteague. Wright's is a little hard/odd to find - they are back a small, dirt road (between high cornstalks at the time of our visit) and at first I thought maybe we were on the wrong road. No worries - the restaurant emerges at the end of this road, and is set right against the water. Nice setting, excellent food, good service ........ I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Nittfan
Reviewed August 12, 2012

From the outside it doesn't look like much. But inside it is all seafood... especially hard shells if that is what you are after. The restaurant almost hangs over the water on high tide. In the fall you can see migrating ducks. Be aware the restaurant may have taken on some water in years past... it can seem a little musty. Be we like it here. If you want white linen service don't bother. Go old eastern shore attitude!

1  Thank Kathleen G
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Don't waste your time going to this restaurant, we have been travelling at least once a year since 1996 to the Chincoteague area and have on 3 occasions visited Wrights. Each time we go we keep hoping that things have turned around, the location is right on the water so it offers good views, but the service and the facility has been stuck in the dark ages. We arrived with two small children around 530pm and did not receive our food until 700pm, there were only 2 other tables one of which arrived after us, ate and left before we received our food and a birthday party with 8 people in another room. There seemed to be plenty of staff, but not much movement on anything. Even when our 5mos old and 2 yr old were crying it took 15 minutes to get the bill, all while the waitress looked down her nose at the upset children. It is ashame that this restaurant or the management doesn't invest in upgrading the facility and staff, this is a great location for a restaurant, but dont waste your time. Go to the Village Restaurant for good service a good food.

1  Thank CtheWrld_77
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had eaten at this restaurant several years ago, so I thought I would take my daughter here while we were at Chincoteague Island visiting. I should have seen the signs when we entered the restaurant on an early Thrusday evening with no one there that trouble lay ahead.

This is one of the worst restaurants where I have ever eaten. I ordered a half dozen steamed crabs and a half a pound of shrimp. The crabs had obviously been recooked; and out of the six, three were rotten. I was afraid to eat them for fear of being sick. The shrimp were so overcooked I had to fight to peel them and they had no taste, like rubber. The decor was way outdated and the place needed a good cleaning. The only thing pleasant was our server and the scenery. For the price I paid, a McDonald's fish sandwich would have looked and most definitely would have tasted better.

My suggestion, save your gas and money and STAY AWAY!!!

1  Thank LadyofVintage