“Typical Applebee's, not so good service”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #24 of 93 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We have been to plenty of Applebee's so we knew what to expect. The food was excellent as usual but the service not so much.

It took a long time to get a drink from the bar (wasn't that crowded) and my husband and daughter received their food about 10 minutes before my son and I received ours. My daughter finished her meal before we got ours.

After we finished eating, we expected our plates to be cleared. Typically if a server is busy, another server may help clear the plates. This was not the case as we observed that this was typical of this restaurant. Our desserts were brought out and the server actually slid them in around our dinner plates and we had to ask for them to be cleared.

I blame the management for this practice. It appeared as though the servers were trained this way and the servers were only thinking of themselves. I will say our waitress was very nice.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Great waitress! Great food! Left happy! We eat at Applebee's all the time and never disappointed! Our waitress was prompt, friendly and helpful! Almost seemed like she was reading our minds!!! Will definitely be back on our next trip through!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very slow service, restaurant was empty during summertime. Waitress seemed uncaring to giving good service. Food was cooked well. Attitude in the restaurant of everyone was poor and slow. Clean restrooms you just had to be willing to wait and have a feeling you were an inconvenient part of your servers time.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

After a long day behind the wheel, Applebee's is usually a great way to enjoy a dinner--when we're on the road. And the restaurant in Ashland did not dissapoint. Dinner at the bar with good conversation and every baseball game on TV playing on the many TV's around the bar.

The cooks were willing to make a special Mexican salad that is no longer on the menu--but boy is it good. My wife enjoyed the oriental salad with peanut sauce. We were two road weary folks who regenerated ourselves over about a 1 hour visit.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Visited on. Saturday night for a burger at the bar. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

I had a bowl of French onion soup which was ok. I had a bacon cheddar burger and was very happy. The burger was perfectly cooked with fresh onions and lettuce (I ordered with no tomatoes). I wish there were more fries but everything was filling. I am a mayo fan and it is nice for a restaurant to have a full squeeze bottle instead of packets or an allowance from the kitchen.

The crowd was ok except for one loud redneck woman that left during my soup. The rest of the bar was normal folks. The booths and tables appear to be family friendly.