“Great for Baseball Teams”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We've stayed at 3 different hotels in the Ashland area while at Virginia Sports Complex, this was the best of all. Pool is nice with a nice outside area for parents right beside. There are several places to eat and convenience stores within walking distance and the free breakfast is always great when you have to be on the road early. Rooms were immaculate and the management is very team friendly. Don't stay closer to the complex, those hotels are awful. The Sleep Inn in Ashland was terrible too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CatonsvillePirateMom
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Madhavi Patel greeted us professionally & friendly. Property was immaculate...very well maintained. All staff that we encountered were friendly & courteous. Room was spacious and clean.

We race cars and make many many trips up & down the I-95 corridor during the season. We will be sure to make this our "layover" stop from now on.

Bob Fort Jr

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stay here over the weekend. It was very nice and clean! Staff was very friendly and helpful!! The 2 ladies who took care of breakfast in the morning... You guys did a great great! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! We really enjoyed talking with you in the mornings! My kids loved the breakfast... so that's says alot to me!! The only thing I can say is the hallways smelled of smoke...so I'm not sure of you can do anything about that or not...but I wanted to let you know! Thanks for everything you all did for us!! We hope to be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had booked a room in early June for Family Weekend (October 4-6) at Randolph Macon College, which our daughter attends. At check in I was told that the hotel wasn't really booked up for the weekend, so I was wondering why we were given a room at the end of the hall that faced I-95, which meant you could see and especially hear the traffic. Parking was difficult to find on both Friday & Saturday nights so I can't understand that since we were told hotel wasn't that booked. Got back Saturday around 11 PM and we were lucky enough to get the very last parking spot. Would hate to see parking lot if hotel was fully booked! Clock radio occasionally would begin flashing which caused the time to go to midnight. Had alarm set for 7:30 AM for Saturday, but around 3 AM, clock went back to midnight which resulted in alarm going off. Clock did this two more times before we checked out, but luckily not during the night. The shower curtain rod was loose which caused the curtain to bunch in the middle during your shower. The few times that we had the tv on, it continually froze up and became distorted only to have it skip ahead once it unfroze. We didn't notify the front desk of these issues since we were basically in room to just sleep & shower as most of our time was spent with our daughter. The first time that I stayed at this hotel was with my daughter in June 2012 when she was looking at colleges and the stay was great. The second time was this past June and at that time I became a Priority Club Member. However, I complained about our non smoking room smelling of cigarette smoke since the room was surrounded by smoking rooms. The manager responded by telling me to let them know of my next stay because they want all of their guests especially Priority Club Members to have a flaw free stay and that my next stay would be perfect. I purposely didn't notify the manager because I feel that the Holiday Inn Express should make an effort to make every stay a perfect one for their guests regardless if they are or are not Priority Club Members. As I previously said we didn't notify front desk of the issues, however, I did leave these comments on the card at check out. My daughter is attending Randolph Macon College so there will be many more visits to Ashland, but I don't really see us staying at this hotel in the future especially since I had booked the room four months prior to staying and was given a room that faced I-95 and was even told that the hotel wasn't that booked.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room at the end of the hall that faces I-95.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kewmom
Shahhe88, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Kewmom, thank you for your review of our hotel. First let us say that we are sorry you you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. When you booked your reservation in June, we were not booked at that time for that weekend. But as it got closer to that weekend, we did get booked and were actually sold out on that Saturday being that it was the last weekend of the state fair, which is just six miles away. We did receive your card comment and your survey response. We will reach out to you directly about your stay. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was very impressed by the staff and management. My reservation was for another hotel in a different town but I was very tired and did not want to drive any further. The room I wanted was not ready but the desk agent went and request to the manager if I could get upgraded as the rooms very not ready yet and the manager was very kind and immediately made sure that the room was in proper condition and she made sure that the staff working on that floor did not disturb my sleep she even asked if I needed anything to eat. What I found was that in today's time and a limited service hotel the service was excellent. Please keep the good work. Good luck.

Room Tip: the suite was very clean and excellent service will visit if I am that way
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you, Jay P, for your positive review of your stay at our hotel. We can't thank you enough. We do try our best to accommodate our guests the best that we can and we are pleased that we were able to work something out for you. The suites are very nice rooms.We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice hotel, comfortable beds, air conditioning good, decent decor, breakfast included with a good variety. Friendly, diverse, families, business people, young folks. Good value and not far from center of town, just off I-95. If you are just stopping to get off the highway, Ashland is worth a visit, one of those towns that the railroad goes through the center of town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Shahhe88, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you so much, PaulyJ201, for your nice review of our hotel. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that we had a great location for your needs. We hope that the next time you are in Ashland, you come by and see us. And thanks for the recommendation for other guests to give us a try. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

One simply cannot miss with this brand. Slightly fancy and with an excellent self-serve breakfast, HIX are great places to stop for the night when on the road or before an early flight.

This one was good as they come with an excellent, friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms. One sacrifices the huge gardens and landscaping, often unseen at night, for convenience and decent price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shahhe88, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you Kairho1 for your 5-star reveiew of our hotel. We are always pleased to hear when our guest enjoyed teir stay with us. We hope that if you are in Ashland, Va. again that you come by to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland? Share your experiences!