“Excellent hotel...best Sleep Inn ever!”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I knew this hotel was going to be great as soon as I saw 2 luggage carts right inside the front doors! Hotel room in excellent condition. Beds very comfortable. Air conditioning worked great for Virginia heat. Extra large walk in shower. Breakfast had a lot of offerings. Didn't use the pool, but looked nice. My son used the weight room which was great. Ice machines in their own little area so they didn't disturb guests. Nothing at all like other Sleep Inns we stayed at. My only complaint would have been that a lot of construction vehicles and semi trucks took up most of the parking spots by parking sideways. Front desk said there was nothing they could do. Would definitely return next time we are in the area!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Alpha M, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

Thank you so much!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Sleep Inn and Suites, a Choice Hotel. We hope you travel to Virginia agan soon. Let us know when you're coming so we can reserve your favorite room for you.

Alpha Mallory, General Manager
Michelle Robinson, Sales Manager

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. Hotel is just down I-95 from King's Dominion and two blocks off I-95 so no Interstate noise. Easy access on/off Interstate. Lots of restaurants nearby & Pizza Hut is across the parking lot. Hotel is clean & quiet; our king room was spacious with a couch, table & 2 chairs, work desk, refrig., microwave & coffee. Wi-fi was a little slow to connect, but otherwise was good. Only negative was low lighting in bathroom for putting on makeup. We didn't have the breakfast buffet, because we went to the Cracker Barrel just down the street. If you are looking for a hotel along I-95, this is the one to stay at!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland W, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2015

Thanks for the great review. Here at the Sleep Inn-Ashland we pride ourselves on being the best in hospitality here in ashland. Next time you're in the area please be sure to check out some of our local attraction and be sure to stop by the desk to shake my hand and express your concerns in a more personal setting.Thanks wholeheartedly

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Nice place. The Sleep Inn in Ashland, VA was very comfortable with all the amenities and a very attentive staff. Their complimentary breakfast included anything you could possibly want, and was delicious. Good stop... Safety..........

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Tamas es E

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I got there around 8:30 pm friday 6/27/14. My room was 109.

First off... The good points. The lobby looks good, nice clean contemporary design. Its as if the name didn't really match the hotel, meaning, the place looks better than it sounds.
The room was huge, its a suite I think because of the Jacuzzi, it was clean, pillows were soft and bed was firm enough, no stuffs or springs poking your back... No weird smell... high ceiling... and an odd room partition, see it in the picture...
Breakfast... was enough, nothing fancy... it is was it say it is in the website...

Second.. The bad points... I booked this hotel 2 nights before at $118 using AAA. and left my laptop on the table, never really closed the website. On friday morning before I head out to Ashland, I came back to my laptop and seeing that the Choice Hotel website was still on, I got curious on how much i have actually saved if I have it booked that morning. To my surprise. it was actually lower at $104, and that is without AAA. thats $14.00 (13.4%) difference. So (to the hotel manager) please explain to me how is this possible, if you say its impossible. I have the screenshot of it, email me and I will gladly send you a copy of it.

Can I use the best internet guarantee on this? does it even apply to your website?

I actually submitted the "best guarantee" form, using a different date, because the form doesn't accept dates 24 hours after the the booking date, and I sent it just to bring this issue up.

Lastly, after checking in, I checked out the room, I wasn't too happy because being in the first floor and when you pull the curtain, I am facing the parking, so I decided to ask if I can change room, so I went back to front desk and asked her if I can be moved, and she said in a non-hospitality way, "no, all rooms are booked." and I said "ok", and that where I took the opportunity to ask her about the rate issue. So I told her in a respectful way about the rate I saw in the morning. and she said with a bemused look, "Impossible, we don't post that kind of rate." and started to look at her computer. And I said, "oh it does, I actually have a screen shot of it" (I left my laptop at home), and she, still facing the computer, didn't even bother to say anything, or even to offer to verify my statement or checked with her computer or something. Nothing. So, after a few awkward seconds, I'm getting embarrassed because of her non responsiveness, like as If I was talking to myself, I said thank you, still in calm voice, and left.

So, this is what prompted me to write this review. not because of the room or food or anything else, but the attitude I got from her. just a ping pong of Q & A, perhaps she worked long hours, I am not sure. I arrived around 8:30pm and left around 9:30am the next day.. so if she worked for 16 hours, I am sorry, but when the very hour I checked in, she was perhaps starting her shift then? By the way, I drove 5 hours through a horrendous traffic at 95 and 495, before that i worked 8 hours, but still, I don't see myself, who is not in the hospitality business, need to treat people rudely because of exhaustion, and I am a guest of the hotel.

If others who read this who has stayed here disagrees with me about her. Perhaps I caught her in the time of the day that unfortunately you weren't there.

But, like I said, this place is really nice. I recommend the hotel. i give credit where credit is really due...

Thank you and have a nice day...

To the hotel manager, please reply through this tripadvisor, because I am sure your potential guest would like to know how you would handle this situation. Also, please you don't have to apologize because the damage is done, just explain how you will resolve this. Again, thank you.

Room Tip: recheck your booked rate within the site itself... I stayed for a night, its no biggie $14 is not mu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank AlexLIfen
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed here while traveling through the area. And we will be back. Accommodations are clean and comfortable. The staff is unfailingly friendly and helpful. The price is right. Highly recommend it to you.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave K
Cleveland W, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2015

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel is a solid vanilla.
Good value. Good location for Kings Dominion. Friendly and helpful staff. Nothing fancy. No surprises. Decent indoor pool. Decent breakfast included. Close to grocery store and restaurants.
Love that we can actually open the room window for fresh air.
Big new flat screen TV to watch the O's game. What more could you want?
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank s s

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We've stayed at this Sleep Inn several times on our way north to visit family, and have always been very happy with the price, cleanliness, comfort, and friendly staff here. The continental breakfast is always hot and fresh, and saves the time and cost of stopping somewhere else. We will continue stopping at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyinVenice

Cleveland Wishop

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!