“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
NC
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

I was very impressed by this hotel. The first impression was a great one. Very clean rooms and nice staff. The breakfast area was very nice with lots to choose from. We only stayed 2 nights, but had a nice stay. They have an indoor pool which was enjoyed by our kids.....We will be staying there again!!

• Liked — very clean and good price
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank fthcc
Bipin P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We always love reading comments like yours. My team and I thank you for your posting! Reading comments like this makes accommodating guests like yourself so much more enjoyable. It is a pleasure to know you are so greatly satisfied with our services and facility.

We look forward in serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

Stayed at this location for race weekend in September 2006 and 2007. Very Clean, nice staff, nice comfortable rooms and good morning breakfast. cost a little more than some of the others in the area for this time of year but after reading the other locations reviews, its worth a couple extra $$$$. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank chad10

Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2007

We first stayed at this Sleep Inn in October 2006 before a King's Dominion visit, and had such a great time that we returned in October 2007. The hotel is very clean. Our kids thought the pool was wonderful. The breakfast is simple but pleasant. The staff are responsive. Yes, it is a hotel near the highway and essentially located with parking lots on all sides. It doesn't surprise me that some people heard parking lot noise. But for that, it is excellent value and we've had a great time!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, great staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
It is always great to hear when we have exceeded our guest expectations. My team and I thank you for your posting!!! I hope you will return in the future. You will be pleased to see our standard continental breakfast transition to a hot breakfast in the near future!

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

My wife and I were attending a family reunion nearby and were going to Kings Dominion for the day; we'd originally reserved a room at the Econo Lodge nearest the park, but due to computer problems they couldn't give us a room. So, at the last minute we had to find a room--we were not going to be picky, but luckily Sleep Inn had a few rooms left (check-in staff were quite helpful, no problems despite the lack of reservation).

Pretty much exactly what we expected from a Sleep in--good room, sized ok, with a fridge and microwave. We had to get a smoking room, but the room did not have a noticeable smoke smell anyway. Fairly new construction and very clean, and unusually nice bed and bedding. Breakfast was ok, a bit crowded with all of the toasters in one corner (amazing how many hotels could simply spread them out and make life so much easier).

• Liked — Availability in a crisis!
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank demigrog
We always love reading comments like yours. My team and I thank you for your posting! I am pleased we were available during your time of need.

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

When driving to Myrtle Beach we like to stay in Ashland, Va. We usually stay in the Hampton Inn but I was unable to get a room. I booked through AAA and was very pleased when we arrived. The lobby was really nice and the room was way above what I expected. I still prefer Hampton Inn but would definately stay here again. However, on the way back I chose a Sleep Inn in Roanoke Rapids, Nc and it is so opposite what this Sleep Inn is. I think the one in Ashland is the only one I would ever go back to.

• Liked — inviting lobby and clean rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank dixiedawni

Alpharetta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2006

We booked this hotel for 1 night as we were traveling to Williamsburg and needed to stop near Kings Dominion Park. We based our booking on the reviews below, and we were disappointed. We arrived after 5 hours driving in Ashland, which didn't look like a very nice neighborhood. My husband requested a non-smoking room when we arrived, and they sent us to the 3rd floor right next to the elevator. We were looking for a good nights sleep, so we went back down and requested another room. Supposedly the only thing he had was a suite which was $10 more. We agreed to it because by this time it was midnight and we were exhausted. As we walked to our room we heard a lot of noise and people talking loudly, coming in and out of their rooms. A group of people were booked on the whole floor, and they had no regard for anyone else on the floor. The suite was nice and modern, but right near the parking lot.
We heard a lot of noise outside and inside, and the heat wouldnt stay on constantly to block the noise out. The TV was also not working, and when we called downstairs to get someone to fix it, he said they would be up in 5 minutes. Then it just started working, so we told them to forget it.
I had a horrible nights sleep- the pillow was so hard and with all the noise, I was up all night. The next morning the TV wasnt working again, but by this time we just wanted to leave. We went down to breakfast at 10am, because the front desk told us it was open until at least 10:30. Well, it closed at 9:30, and the woman at the front desk was very rude about it. We checked out and immediately called the 800 number. We are still waiting for a response.
Not as great as people say- would never stay again. Also had a horrible experience at the Sleep Inn in Williamsburg- I would avoid this chain of hotels all-together.

• Disliked — Loud noise, not so friendly staff, bad area
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marriedin06
Hauppauge, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2006

My family and I were driving back from Florida to New York and needed a place to stay overnight. I actually picked this from the AAA directory as we were driving because it received three stars, and I was pleasantly surprised. We had never stayed at a Sleep Inn, and I wasn't familiar with the chain at all, but it was excellent. We are a family of five, and our room had a pull out couch and was very large compared to others we've stayed in. The beds were really comfortable, and the shower was great! Just what you want in a hotel! The indoor pool was small, but clean, and there was a nice size whirlpool. The hotel decor was also very upscale and pretty for a budget hotel. The hotel was extremely clean. There is also a nice continental breakfast. I would definitely stay here if I was going to King Dominion. A few of the other hotels in the area didn't offer a continental breakfast, and with a family of five we always look for that.

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — No outdoor pool
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank soccermom40
We take great pleasure in being able to offer service that yields comments such as this one. It is always great to hear when we have exceeded our guests expectations. My team and I thank you for your posting!!!

We look forward in serving you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!