“Good food, Great Service, Nice Place”

El Azteca Mexican Restaurante
Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have never eaten Mexican but some friends wanted to go here for a birthday party for another friend. Some of my friends had been here before. The place had nice décor though the place could use some sprucing up. It has been in business awhile but doesn't look maintained. There was a party of 10 of us and they made seating for us quickly. We had to wait for some of the folks to get there so I had drinks. The Margaritas were awesome. We ordered food and it all came out together for all of us and the food was pretty good. I really don't have anything compare the food to because Taco Bell is about as Mexican as I get so I cant say the food was great in that sense but the rest of my crew said everything was great. The service was great and at the end of our meal. They brought out this big sombrero for the birthday girl to wear and the waiters gathered around to sing Happy Birthday. I paid the bill for everyone and was surprised how cheap it was. I really didn't pay attention to pricing on the menu but I was pleased. I really had a good time and will come here again.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We hadn't been to El Azteca in several years and decided to give it another try a couple of weeks ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will be going back again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I took my daughter and her sorority sister there for dinner and the delicious chips and salsa were brought to our table right after we sat down. The menu is quite extensive and our server was very patient as it took awhile for us to decide. I was told that the margheritas are to die for so I had to order one. I ordered the 16 oz. frozen margherita for $4.99 and it was excellent! The only little complaint is that you have to pay at the register and we had to wait about five minutes for the cashier to show up. Looking forward to going back when my daughter goes back to college in Ashland.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Ate at El Azteca yesterday for dinner and the food was good. The chips were very fresh and the salsa was awesome. Service was quick but i found it a bit pricey... Overall,recommend this restaurant

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We ate here while traveling, on our way to NC. It's located in Ashland, right before Richmond, off of I-95.There were 9 of us and we were looking for a decent, local place that would please *most* of us (we had 5 teenagers in our group!). We read the reviews and decided to give it a go. It's a little challenging to find because it's in the side of a shopping plaza. It looked closed-or even shut down-when we pulled in. I think 'shady' was the word one of our crew used. I pulled on the door-honestly half expecting it to be locked-and it opened and I was instantly pleasantly surprised. It was lively, well staffed, and full of color and personality. Bottom line-the menu was huge, the prices were very reasonable (if not cheap!) for the food we got, and it was excellent. For example, my meal with 2 large items and a side of beans, with a drink (free refills!), tax, and a 20% tip was only $13. Our group had fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, taco salads, and side salads. Everything but the side salad (just iceberg lettuce and cheese!) was great and huge. The margaritas were also fabulous and only $5. Apparently it's a chain because there are 3 other nearby locations-wish one was near us! It was a hit-GO. You won't be disappointed!!