“Mediocre”

El Azteca Mexican Restaurante
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Mexican food is one of our favorites so we were excited to find this restaurant on a recent trip to KD's. The restaurant was clean and the atmosphere was very nice. Our first waiter was abrupt and borderline rude but I guess his shift ended as he was replaced with another waiter who was very nice and accomadating. The menu offered alot of dishes for a reasonable value (some less than $5). There was nothing exciting or different on the menu though - just the run of the mill tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc. Pretty much your standard mexican restaurant menu. I had the fajita quesadilla and my fiance had tacos. We both enjoyed our meal and had no complaints. Overall I would eat here again but if you're looking for authentic mexican food or something with variety you might be a little disappointed.

1  Thank 2Jordans
There are newer reviews for El Azteca Mexican Restaurante

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good friends asked to meet for lunch & picked here. A little out of our way - but it was so worth the drive. Staff was friendly & attentive. The food was really good & served quickly and the way it was ordered. Will definitely return!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My Boyfriend and I had the pleasure of dining at Plaza Azteca tonight. We had Carlos and Manuel for servers, they were wonderful, very friendly and humorous. The menu has a lot to offer, something for everyone including someone like myself, a vegetarian! Gracias! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience :)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I could eat the salsa at El Azteca with a spoon. It has great flavor and always hits the spot. The food is consistently good and service is always quick. I have never had a bad experience and go on a very regular basis (at least a few times a month).

Reviewed June 23, 2012

The owners and servers are from Mexico. They have altered the cooking to be more Americanized. I asked for the salsa the guys in back eat and yum!!!

Service was super speedy and friendly. The cost was very reasonable and the food was yummy enough for us. I had the chiles rellenos, which were different than I'm used to. They came in a thick, rich cheese sauce that could have been used on nachos. In fact, I dipped my chips into it. My husband had the fried chimichangas, again, different than we are used to having. He liked them though.

I would recommend this place to anyone.