“Worth the Drive!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Richmond, Virginia
“Worth the Drive!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is now my favorite barbecue stop for Richmond and vicinity. I was really impressed that they offered several selections of bbq styles: VA, NC, and TX. North Carolina style (vinegar and red pepper sauce) is my favorite, and I always struggle to find places I like in Virginia. After trying it here, I have to look no further; it was absolutely delicious. The pork is pulled rather than minced and is tender and delicious. I also sampled the VA bbq sauce; it did not have an overwhelming tomato base and was nicely seasoned; nice but just not my taste. The fried pickles, fried okra, hush puppies, and mac and cheese were also really good. We will definitely be back for more.

• Visited August 2014

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My first trip to Ashland and had some spare time for lunch. Read reviews on Virginia BBQ Company and was intrigued. I have eaten BBQ all over the south and this was THE BEST, North Carolina style BBQ I have tried. Loved the vinegar base sauce. Regular sandwich is large with so much meat I had to eat it with a fork. Great slaw and baked red potato salad. Quaint old house, you walk through the kitchen to get to the restroom. How many restaurants would let you see their kitchen ? It was spotless. Limited seating inside and nice door seating. Quick service. Very friendly staff. On my next visit to Randolph Macon College I will anticipate eating at the Virginia BBQ company again.

Hanover, Virginia
“Best Barbeque in Virginia”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

It might not look like much from the outside, but they serve the best BBQ in the area. Also try the potato salad.

• Visited July 2014
Maryland
“Great, quick food”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Some of the best BBQ off of I-95. Pulled pork is tender, sauce is amazing. Nice people, good food and good prices. Would definitely return.

1 Thank HamletMD
Syracuse, New York
“AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
They had different kinds of barbecue. Pulled pork, ribs, beans, and everything was good.

Visited July 2014