All reviewsmiss marshacookiesbass pro shopthe breakfast areafront deskbreakfast ladygave everyoneasked howroom was cleankings dominionpool and hot tubbreakfast serviceone bedroom suitewaffleswould definitely stay here againmyrtle beachlate at night
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and spent the day at Kings Dominion. There was no way I was going to stay at one of those roach-motels in the surrounding area. This place was worth the money with Friendly staff, nice beds and bedding. We were very pleased!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HRRtraveler
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two elementary school daughters for one night to break up the drive to Outer Banks, NC. It was perfect for what we needed, and I’d recommend.

The hotel is fairly new and is situated on a brand new road that’s just starting to get built up. Dunkin Donuts, a huge Pro Bass Shop and a couple other places were built next to the hotel, and a Wendy’s was under construction next door. There’s also open acreage in the vicinity for new construction. I imagine this road will look completely different in a year or two.

We asked the front desk about where to eat and learned that just a few minutes away is a main “strip” of sorts with restaurants including Ruby Tuesday, Red Robin, Chick Fil A, etc. There’s also some shopping – Target, Home Depot, Macy’s, etc.

We had limited interactions with staff members, but everyone was incredibly friendly. (More friendly than I think I’ve ever encountered anywhere else.) The hotel itself is newer and nice. In the lobby of the hotel is a lending library with new books (for ALL age groups including babies) encouraging guests to read during their stay or to take one and drop off at another Country Inn & Suites property. Rooms are clean, comfortable and what you’d expect – work desk, flat screen TV, clean bathroom, two queen beds, etc. We didn’t use the pool but did stop in to see it – looked nice. The continental breakfast was just want we needed for the next “leg” of our drive – cold cereals, yogurt, eggs, waffle maker, other hot items, pastries, bagels, fruit, juices, coffee, etc.

Overall, a fine stay. We’d go back, and we recommend to others …

Note: My in-laws unexpected stayed here again on the way back from Outer Banks after hurricane Arthur evacuations. They were able to get rooms quickly and without any issue.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dtp010
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This was an excellent find. Brand new and very clean. Very roomy and nicely decorated. They have a wonderful hot breakfast and amazing staff. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I wish all hotels had this type of quality. Side note we are a family of 6.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked a last minute night here during a road trip, 2 adults 2 kids. Very pleasantly surprised! Hotel is very near I-95, just a few minutes to Kings Dominion and not far from Richmond. Within a few miles are lots of chain restaurants, Starbucks, etc. The hotel is bright and clean (it's fairly new). Staff was cheerful and efficient. The hotel is small, but has nice amenities - indoor pool & hot tub, modest fitness room, computer w/ free printer, free wifi throughout. The lobby breakfast was better than average (which isn't saying a ton given what's typical, but it was perfectly fine). We were very happy to find that the chain runs a book exchange! They have a small but well curated selection of books for all ages in the lobby, and you're free to take whatever you like, and return to any Country Inn anywhere, at any time. What a great idea!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel was one of the most pleasant stays I have ever had. The Staff was so welcoming and friendly. Truly some rare gems. When in this area I will not even consider another hotel. Very quite, clean and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo