“Clean and Friendly Hotel”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel was in very good condition with a friendly hotel staff. The hotel room was clean and seemed to be a newly constructed building or was renovated. The pool, hot tub and small gym was sufficient for a nice break after a long day. Many shops are right down the road and attractions. My party traveled to Kings Dominion (15 minute drive) for roller coasters ; as supposed to Busch Gardens which would have been around 45-60 minutes away.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank capellicano

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

A hotel is not a hotel without friendly staff members. I will say I was greeted by two of the most charming people ever while at my stay by the names of Ashley and Lisa, if I remember them correctly. These two young ladies made my stay there feel as if I were back home. Also the rooms and dining area plus many other amenities were so well put together and pleasing to the eye. If im ever broke down again I'll keep in mind to sleep here again no matter how far away I break down....lol.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Lisa Crawford and Ashley at the front desk went out of their way to help us in every way they could. Nothing was too much trouble. Marcia ....The breakfast attendant was also as helpful and friendly as anyone I've ever met. Even hot a hug to say have a great day. The Spa pool and exercise room are very nice and we'll maintained. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel for comfort and relaxation

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I spent 2 night at this hotel this pass weekend It was a wonderful experience. From the time I checked in with Ashley all the way until I left It was very nice. Ashley was wonderful and you can see she cared about her quest she was nice and friendly and for filled all needs. My room was very nice and clean im very big on my bed sheets and when I pulled my covers back my sheet where white and very clean. My sister my two kids and her son and I enjoyed the pool and hot tub it was very relaxing and nice. The breakfast was great Mrs. Marsha was a very nice lady and also cared a lot about her quest. The breakfast area was full and my sister and I had to stand up and Mrs. Marsha made away for us to sit down she was very helpful to all the guest. The only problem I had was the people over us kids would run and jump all over the floor it was a mess and they did this every morning but only in the morning. the front desk took care of them right away and offered to move us. I loved this hotel and I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I will be back this summer when it gets hot and kings dominion water park open.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience Ms. Latasha. We are delighted to know that your stay with us was a pleasant experience. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Ashley and Ms. Marsha regarding their service to your and your family! Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again someday!

GM
Country Inn & Suites
Hanover, VA

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night 4/6/14 on our way home from myrtle beach.... We stayed 1 night with our 2 young kids. Was a very clean hotel. We stayed in a 1 room suite with 2 double beds. Our room was clean and spaciuos. The pool area was very clean and refreshing. The young lady at the front desk when we checked in Sunday eveing was very nice and helpful! The morning of check out we arrived down stairs carrying all our bags with our 2 young kids in tow.... We arrived about 5-10 mins past 9:30 AM and was informed we were too late for the free breakfest! The man at front desk was a bit "grumpy" and baisicly said sorry too late! There was a couple eating in the breakfast area and all breakfest looked to be still all layed out with the smell of breakfest in the air. My young kids were hungry and a bit sad! We ended up taking them across the street to dunken donuts. :-( I believe we were told at check in breakfest was until 10 am. All in all. Was a good 1 night stay in a clean hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Overall I had a good experience with this hotel. The amenities are good. Nice pool, hot tub, and gym. Breakfast was decent. Room was very clean. The staff was overall friendly (see below). Location was convenient off of I-95. Hopefully the area will build up a little and some restaurants will pop up close to the hotel.
There were only 2 things that I was unhappy with. First, all of the pillows were very, very soft and I like my pillows firm. There should have been a better mix of firm and soft pillows. Overall, it wasn't a big deal.
The worst thing that happened was a situation I had with the font desk clerk. I arrived in the late evening, around 9:30PM. The clerk at the desk was very good and even recommended a restaurant close to the hotel that was still serving food at this hour. After checking in, I dropped off my luggage and went to the restaurant. When I returned to the hotel, it was after 11PM. I tried to walk in the front door, but it was locked. I looked in and saw a different clerk behind the desk. I waved to him, and he shouted "Can't you read the sign?" When I looked down, there was a small sign on the door that said please use side entrance if this door is locked. I apologized, stating that I did not see the sign, and he just rolled his eyes and looked away.
I understand that it was my error and I should have looked at the door when it didn't open, but it was not very professional to yell what he yelled. He made me feel stupid for what I am sure is a common mistake. I would recommend putting the sign on and locking the first automatic door instead of the second door. I think it would be easier to understand that the side entrance must be used if neither of the doors opened instead of the first door opening and the second door being locked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SalesmanB

Dear SalesmanB,

Thank you for taking to time to write about your experience at our hotel. Your comments regarding the pillows will be forwarded to the brand for their knowledge and the comments about the doors will certainly be addressed with the night staff - please accept my sincere apologies on both items. I am happy to read that you did enjoy the room, our branded amenities, the pool, fitness center and also our 'Be Our Guest' breakfast! :)

Thank you for staying with us and we wish you continued safe travels!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Traveling Northbound from Orlando to CT. This hotel made for and excellent overnight stay. Brand new hotel with easy on/off access from I95. Got a great rate from one of the rest stop travel brochures. Room was well appointed with micro & fridge and nicely decorated with stylish furniture. AC unit worked well (not loud or obnoxious), and the shower water pressure was excellent. Breakfast was fine. Bacon, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, cut up fruit along with a fruit basket. rolls juices, coffee, tea. Standard fare. The best part of breakfast was meeting Ms. Marsha who greeted us warmly with a big hug and a big smile. She made our day! What an asset she is to this hotel! Would highly recommend an overnight or extended stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo-CT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Ashland
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA? Share your experiences!