“Exceptional room with great rates”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I decided to just get away for the weekend and traveled to VA from Maryland where he is currently stationed with no plan in mind or hotel reservations made, we just winged it all. We came across this hotel which is only 2 years old and decided to check on the rates for last minute arrivals...could not believe it was only $77 a night (military rate). The young lady at the front desk (Ashley) was extremely kind and pleasant which matched the feel of the hotel. Upon arriving in our room we were amazed at the decor in the room not to mention the large space within the room. The bathroom was also beautiful and very spacious allowing my husband and I to get ready at the same time. I did plan ahead for the just in case and brought our swim suits...good idea because there was an indoor pool and jacuzzi to relax in. The area was very clean. At the front desk they had free homemade cookies and coffee available 24-7 to all guest which of course hit the spot when one has a craving for a sweet in the middle of the night. My husband and I are not one's who usually sleep in at all, but our stay was so comforting we slept in until 8:45am which was wonderful, but we did miss the breakfast downstairs, lol. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is passing through and wants some peace and comfort for the night, the weekend or a long stay.

Room Tip: We requested to stay in a room closest to the front parking lot so our vehicle was visible...did not...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peachy383

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stopped on the way to Myrtle beach from central PA. Very easy to get to from I95, the room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was hot and the area was very clean too. An excellent room for the price for the short time we were there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shadow3995
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Last minute business trip to Richmond sent me down from Baltimore at 6 pm the night before. All my usuals in Richmond were booked from a baseball tournament. I called and called and finally found this location with 2 rooms left. I was so SO pleasantly surprised how clean it was and how amazingly friendly the front desk staff were. And this place it a LOT cheaper than in the city of Richmond. I've added this to one of my "frequent stay" locations. I'm a picky business traveler but it was everything I needed and more. Great place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sjohnso6
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We heard about this hotel in a Virginia welcome magazine. It was midway between our stops in Myrtle Beach and Pennsylvania. The price was right and it was a fairly new hotel with a complimentary hot breakfast . Also included were fresh homemade cookies all day long. The staff was friendly especially Marsha in the breakfast room . She was a real doll and it was like she already knew us . There were several restaurants nearby and it was easy access to the highway .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

this was a very pleasant stay a bit off the main highway , bright , clean , quiet, and seemed new even though it as nearly two years old!! The staff was warm and friendly and very accommodating . Nearby was a Bass Pro Outdoor World with a Fish Company Restaurant with great food . This was a quality stop for anyone from couples to family . You will not be disappointed .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stopped there at 1AM after a thousand mile drive. I wasn't able to walk straight. The receptionist made me feel like family. I must have asked him if there was a Starbucks in the area, because when I woke up, I found printed directions to a Starbucks under the door. Exactly what I needed. He even took the time to handwrite a thank you note on the receipt. The lady who was working in the breakfast room was giving hugs to everybody. Not a fancy place, but the staff makes it feel cozy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Liviu D
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed here several times on my way to appointments in Richmond and with the family on the way back from dropping one of my kids off in Georgia for college. The staff is always friendly. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is pretty good. The host in the breakfast area is one of the friendliest people I have met in my travels and she makes it feel like home each time! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tjpw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Ashland
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA? Share your experiences!