All reviewsmiss marshacookiesbass pro shopthe breakfast areafront deskbreakfast ladygave everyoneasked howroom was cleankings dominionpool and hot tubbreakfast serviceone bedroom suitewaffleswould definitely stay here againmyrtle beachlate at night
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were visiting Glen Allen for softball training with Rita Lynn Gilman. Myself and my 2 daughters stayed 3 nights. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip. The location is super convenient to town and its right next door to a bass pro shop. The staff was super friendly. The place is very clean and still very new. The breakfast each morning was great!! This was our first trip to Virginia and we were amazed at the rustic beauty of it! It was in the winter and still had snow in a few places, so having an indoor heated pool was a nice bonus. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
CountryInnAshland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel through TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one. We certainly appreciate your feedback on the location, my wonderful staff and of course our full hot breakfast. Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites - Hanover, VA.

Cordially,

GM
Country Inn & Suites
Hanover, VA

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way back to PA from Myrtle Beach, August 11, 2012. The hotel is fairly new and very clean. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was so-so, but it was included and got us going in the morning. There is a mall and several restaurants about 3 miles away. It's a great place to stay if you want to break up the ride to and from Myrle Beach or other southern (or Northern) destinations that are more than an 11 hour drive. I would stay here again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean! The staff was friendly, especially Marsha. She was watching over the breakfast area and greeting everyone with a morning hug. She is a credits to the establishment! The pool was small, but never very busy. It was a decent temperature. The beds were on the firm side, but still comfortable enough to sleep in. The pillows were uber soft! We had a great stay! Not a whole lot in the immediate area, but it's only about 15 minutes away from King's Dominion.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were visiting Richmond for a funeral and wanted to stay outside the Richmond area. We picked this hotel North of the city. The check in clerk, Ashley, was very courteous and polite which impressed me. There was a wedding party staying there that weekend and most were in the lobby plus the guest in front of me was taking longer than usual. She never lost her cool or rushed me along. Everyone else from the maids to the attendant at the continental breakfast area were top notched.

The room was super clean, new and bright. I would recommend this spot for an excellent spot to rest your head or spend a weekend.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Built in 2011 and well maintained since then. Very nice staff, especially Marsha in the breakfast area. Pool was refreshing, whirlpool hot. Well built, lots of people there but didn't know it! Very quiet at night. Within walking distance to a new Bass Pro Shops! Many places to eat within a 2-3 mile radius.