“Pretty Good Food, Could Be Better”

Islamorada Fish Company
Ranked #15 of 98 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped in the Bass Pro Shops to take a look and do some impulse shopping. While inside we smelled the very fragrant aroma of the Islamorada Fish Company and decided to go check out the menu, since we had not eaten yet.

The menu looked VERY VERY nice! Plenty of incredible entrees and such! Right next to the menu was a huge smoker burning hickory and smoking rotisserie chicken. It looked VERY yummy, so we made the choice to eat here!

The service was ok... Probably could have been a little better. The bread they give at the table was AMAZING! Very soft, sweet, moist and warm! Sweet tea and drinks were also very nice. But when we got our drinks they came without straws. So, we asked for them. After waiting about 5 minutes, I went searching for straws on my own and found some.

When the food arrived, the chicken was very aromatic and had a very nice flavor! But it was really dry and hard on some parts of the bones. The pan seared potatoes we good and so was the mashed potatoes. The fish and chips we ordered had good flavor, but were not very appealing looking... they looked as if they sat for a while before being served. The broccoli that came with the chicken was horrible; it was cold and flavorless. We told our server and he brought another order of broccoli a few minutes later, but it tasted the exact same, except was hot. (Maybe just came out of a microwave?)

Overall, we would try it again just to see if this was a fluke and this really wasn't that bad of an experience. A little more care in serving and finishing prep of dishes would've made this an outstanding meal, instead of a mediocre one.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ate at Islamorada Fish Company restaurant several times now. Every time we stop by Bass Pro-shop for a new fishing gear we end up grabbing a bite at store's indoor Islamorada place and it never ceases to live up to our expectations. Definitely a great place for a night out with friends. Excellent food, good service, entertaining views including 10,000.00 gallons fish tank you can't take your eyes off. But the place can get really loud and becomes not so friendly for families with toddlers:-( Overall great place but a little overpriced.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We ate at this Islamorada Fish Company on our way to Williamsburg last summer as it was recommended by my brother. We enjoyed it so much that we made a point of stopping here this past June to eat again. I love the atmosphere and that they have plenty of larger tables that can fit our family of six without being too close to other tables. We LOVE the bread that they give you before your meal, that's a real treat! I would give our food mixed reviews. I absolutely LOVED my salmon, the pecan butter that came with it made it soooo yummy! My veggies were overcooked. My husband thought his fish was just ok and the kids meals were all pretty average. They were not extraordinary but good enough that we will be back.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Islamorada Fish Company is inside Bass Pro Shop in Ashland (right outside Richmond, VA). We went early so we could shop and play the games upstairs. The aquarium is huge and peaceful to gaze at, and the food was superb!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have been to this particular Islamorada Fish Company several times. i usually order their Islamorada Fish Sandwich and it is always really good and filling. Well, I thought I would try something different and went for the Pan-seared Shrimp and Scallops with a side of angel hair pasta. There were 3 shrimp and 2 scallops and a small dry pile of angel hair pasta. For $14.95, I was shocked that it was such a small amount of food. It looked like a kid's plate. Everyone at my table couldn't believe that was all I got for that price. The menu description said it was supposed to have red peppers and mushrooms with asiago cheese on the pasta, but there was only one little sliver of a mushroom and little tiny pieces of red pepper, and no cheese that I could see. It looked like about 1/2 a cup of pasta. I asked the waitress if something was missing from my meal, it just looked so small and the pasta was dry. She told me that that is all that comes with that entree. She did get the manager who offered to bring me some more lobster sauce for the pasta. I said that would be great. I did pour it on my noodles (looked like heated milk) and ate it, because frankly, after only 3 shrimp and 2 scallops, I was still pretty hungry. I would be pretty embarrassed to offer a diner that meal for that price. At the very least, they could offer a side of vegetables or a salad. They get a 2 from me this time for being inconsistent in their portion sizes and quality. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again.

1  Thank Roccstar485