“Poor cleanliness and poor guest services”

Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Many hotels in Richmond proper were sold out so Hilton Customer Srrvice helped me locate and book a room at this hotel. Check in was fast and friendly, but shortly after checking into my room, I found visible major cleanliness issues in the bathroom. The floor clearly hadn't been mopped in a long time, visible stains on the tile, and on the sink countertop, there was a quarter size smudge of who knows what (brown in color). I have no idea how housekeeping could miss such blatant issues. I was able to remove this with washcloths and as it was so late and i was so tired i chose to stay put. The rest of the room looked ok. At 10pm or after, my room phone rang and it was the front desk asking me to check my shower pressure as the room next door was reporting problems and they needed to know where to start the "fix". I was already in bed so didnt really appreciate being bothered.

The next morning i was disturbed 5 times in less than 45min by housekeeping staff. Twice while i was in the shower trying to get ready and get checked out. Shortly after that I get another call from the front desk asking if I had come down (it wasnt even 9am yet) to check out. I said "no" and the front desk attendant told me someone had checked me out. I have no idea how this could happen.

So, not only did I clean my own room, but I was also disturbed from sleep at night, followed by almost harrassed in the morning and rushed out of the room. Lucky me, thanks to this hotel, I have a pounding headache and now have to work all day and drive 4hrs home with a screaming headache. Will never stay here again, and may never stay at another Hampton Inn although in the past, its been one of my failsafe go to hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HamptonAshland, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms and bathrooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. However, I would also like to apologize for the level of service you experienced as well. We have addressed our staff to ensure that this is not repeated. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Hampton Inn Richmond North-Ashland

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I left Disney World and made it as far as Ashland before calling it a day. We were trying to make it back to Jersey before the hurricane.

Hilton Garden and Hampton Inn are always our first choice when we're on the road. This Hampton was like many others we've stayed in. Clean and comfortable.

My wife liked the girl at the front desk, said she had a nice smile. I was too tired to notice. Showed my Hilton Honors card and was able to get a king bed which was nice.

There is a Pizza Hut you can walk to and after dinner and a little TV, we enjoyed a good night's sleep.

We left early the next morning before breakfast had been set out. We justed grabbed some coffee and were on our way........Would return......In case you're wondering, we made it home and had time to batten down the hatches before the storm which is raging right now.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonAshland, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We are even more grateful that you made it home safely!!

We love having you here!

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Richmond-North/Ashland!!

Hampton Inn Ashland, VA

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Check in clerk was one notch above rude. I made the mistake of leaving a shirt in the closet in our room. Upon discovering this, I called the hotel the next morning thinking that if no one had used the room after us, the shirt might still be there. The person we spoke with insisted that the housekeepers ALWAYS check the closets when cleaning the room and nothing had been turned in. The idea to send someone to check the room was out of the question. Furthermore, if we wanted more information, we'd have to call on Wed. to speak to the head housekeeper. Surprise surprise - nothing was in the lost and found box. Of course, my shirt wasn't there because 4 days had elapsed! We have a long history with Hampton Inns and actually choose Hampton without even checking other hotels. We've always been pleased, but this is a deal breaker. I'd really have to think twice before booking Hampton again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HamptonAshland, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your review. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and I am very sorry for the experience you had after your stay. I have taken your comments to our team to correct the level of service in situations like yours. Please contact me directly with your Hhonors or confirmation number if I can be of further assistance.

Hampton Inn Richmond-North/Ashland

Reviewed August 29, 2012

stayed one night on our way to north myrtle beach. very nice and clean hotel. only one elevator , which is very very slow!!!!. breakfast seemed ok, but the set up is very poor. it is set up in a small out cove, and gets very congested and hard to get around, as people are clumped together in a small area.staff seemed very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonAshland, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We apologize for the elevator. We have gotten it repaired as of yesterday. As far as the breakfast area, we have so many delicious choices that, yes, sometimes it is hard to get around in there. We have been studying the area to see if there is someway we can alleviate the congestion. We are currently working on making it smoother for all!!

Thank you for your review!!

Hampton Inn Ashland, VA

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I stopped in for 1 night. This hotel was clean and we all had a great night sleep. I was impressed with the hotel and staff. They were very friendly and provided great customer service. Our room was modern and the beds were extremely comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonAshland, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel! As the Hampton slogan goes, "We love having you here!"

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is an above average Hampton Inn. Clean, new, very good breakfast. The staff recommend a places in town to eat and drew us a map to Montpelier. Ashland is a small town and the people are friendly , Some good restaurants in town [college town eating] and all the chains out by I-95 We felt safe and enjoyed our stay, This is a great place to stay if you are going to Montpelier and/ or Monticello.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonAshland, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We are very centrally located to Ashland, Montpelier and to Monticello as well as all the different locations in between!

There is only one difference between a guest in our homes and a guest at the hotel, the guest at the hotel is paying for it and it has to be better!!

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Ashland, VA!!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn the weekend of 7/21/12. I had a very good experience here. The hotel has a very nice interior decor and the exterior is well maintained. The three rooms we had were all cozy and clean. The breakfast they offered had a nice variety of food items and the staff that maintained the breakfast bar did an excellent job doing so. All the staff at the Hampton Inn were friendly and courteous. This hotel is located near many restaurants for dining and many stores for shopping. The cost of your hotel stay is minimal compared to the quality offered at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonAshland, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

We strive for the best for our guests and we thank you for noticing! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay!
The only difference between a guest in our homes and a guest at the hotel, is the guest at the hotel is paying for it so it has to better!

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Ashland!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland? Share your experiences!