“Liked the Thai Gourmet”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Located in an out of the way strip of businesses in a fresh, clean building, Thai Gormet serves very good food to a nice neighborhood clientele. My wife and I both had curry dishes we liked a lot. My only suggestion is to request less spice than perhaps one would ordinarilly. I asked for "half a pepper" on a scale of 0 - 5 peppers -- and it was really hot to my taste.

Service was very cordial, prompt, and efficient. Most dishes at dinner were about $11-14 for generous servings.

There are newer reviews for Thai Gourmet

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am currently eating (slurping) some Pho-to-go at my desk from Thai Gourmet which prompted me to write this review. I work in the Air Park area in Richmond and have been grabbing lunch from here for a few months now. I am so happy I discovered it. The food is delicious (I have had their Pad Thai, the Mussaman Curry, and the pineapple fried rice) and while the restaurant itsself is a little small, it's always super clean when I go in there, and the staff is very friendly. The owner always has a smile on his face and goes above and beyond to help me with my order and make sure I am getting exactly what I want. Oh, and the apps are yummy too. The dumplings and the crispy egg rolls are delish. This place definitely rivals some of the more popular spots in Richmond.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I used to live in the Kings Charter subdivision near Thai Gourmet. We have since moved to KY but continue to eat here when we return for business and pleasure. The owner is super friendly and even recognized us after not seeing us for over a year! They have the best Pad Thai! It's great that you can order your dish to the desired level of spiciness. If you aren't sure how spicy you like it you can order only one or two peppers and get some extra on the side! When visiting this restaurant keep your eyes peeled for it's small signs. It isn't very easy to spot from Sliding Hill Rd because it's located on the street leading into the subdivision.

1  Thank travelsheri
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great food, we keep stopping for lunch when in the area, the food is consistent and the owner is wonderful but you have to watch when you order if you do not want the food too spicy tell him 1/2 a pepper or 1 pepper max.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is delicious and well prepared. The staff and owners are wonderful and attentive. I have eaten there a few different times and never had a bad experience. The dumplings that I just had there there killer and so good with a touch of the spicy sauce. I will definitely continue to eat there!

Been to Thai Gourmet? Share your experiences!