“Stop whining...”

Red Carpet Inn, Ashland
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
“Stop whining...”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel every fall for the last 3 years for kings dominions halloween events. I must say that the review found here in no way really represent the hotel fairly. Sure its not the bellagio, but for a jacuzzi suite for $99 what are you really looking for? I didn't notice any of the clenliness issues mentioned here but will say room smeled a little like ciggerettes. I smoke so that was no problem for me. Also a LOT of stray cats, but they were cute and harmless. All in all I will be bac this fall and for the years to come.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank TheDukeofComments

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We booked this place because it wasn't pet friendly my son has allergies and we wanted to have a nice stay. Well after talking to some behind glass we went to the room where we found it to be well Dirty!!!!!! From the walls having little black dots to the hole small enough to put in a video camera in we covered it with a bandaid, ripped carpet broked electric socket, and in the morning we found blood on the bottom sheets that we must have missed the night before. My son woke in the morning sneezing & coughing it wasn't until I returned the key ONE key only the I saw that they do take pets for an extra charge of $10 a pet. We had booked the place for 2 nights and now wish we had not stayed there in the first place. Do not stay there !!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank peanutplus3
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2010

To began our journey to Kings Dominion traveling down North Carter Road and as we are driving passed the hotels we get excited, and that excitement was short lived as we passed Howard Johnsons on the left and quickly saw that out hotel "motel" was on the other side of the Howard Johnsons. We pulled into the parking lot and saw that it looked like something from a horror movie. We decided to stay being that all the other rooms in the area were booked and we were only staying one night. As we entered the room, we noticed stains on the floors, doors, walls, and furniture. All the furniture was mismatched. I grabbed the remote to turn on the TV and although we had cable with HBO 1 and 2, I had to vigorously shake the TV for 5 minutes in order to make the picture somewhat clear. We ended up watching mostly snow. I decided against a hot shower because the entire bathroom was filthy. I pulled all the covers off the bed except for the fitted sheet because there was pubic hair on the sheets. I used my clothes for covers. Thank God I brought my own pillow. During the night the noises that came from the bathroom, air conditioner and neighbors scared the living daylights out of me and kept my wide awake all night. I was afraid for my life. I thought at any time someone was coming through the walls. My ceiling had a leak from above that filled the trash can by morning. I can't believe that the place is allowed to be in operation. I am still itching from the thought that I may have caught scabies or some other form of dermatological condition. Needless to say, this hotel should not be open and should be condemned. I wish I had slept in the car, but I was scared to leave my room until daylight.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank aholloways
Martinsburg
Reviewed June 22, 2010

So me and my fiance took my brother to Kings Dominion as a graduation gift for him along with my younger sister and 2 friends. So that's 6 people total. I called a month ahead of time and reserved 2 joining rooms both with double beds. Well this is where the stay first started to get interesting. When I got there, the front desk manager informed me that the rooms I had reserved a month in advance were not available because the people that stayed the nights before decided to stay an extra night. Well I'm sorry but I had them reserved, doesn't that mean that since they decided to stay another night on such short notice that they would have had to move? Anyway, there's more...once we got to our new found rooms we quickly found out that the air conditioners in each were not working very well at all. We checked in at 9:00pm and by 12:00am the room was not much cooler than it was when we got there. Note: the AC was off when we got there so it was roughly 95 degrees in the room. So we tried to go downstairs and let the manager know what was going on, well he wasn't there and the front door was locked. So we suffered through the night only to wake up to probably a 85 degree room after the AC was on high ALL night. So hot, tired, and weary we went down to see what their continental breakfast was. Here is the menu: Toast (Nothing to put on it), Juice (Apple and Orange...the Apple was broken), Pre-Packaged honey buns, and Cereal (No Milk). So I would say that was disappointing but to be honest we expected it by this point. So we left, very dissatisfied, and went to Kings Dominion. I would NEVER wish my worst enemy to stay there! Oh, and the Internet is SLOOOOOOW.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank TurboCorrado
sylvialatson
Reviewed April 8, 2010

After my daughters college trip, we deceided to go to the Amusement Park and stay at the Econo Lodge. Same day reservation of $49.00 for a non-smoking double bed. Room was nice and clean and the manager Harry Patel gave me excellent service. For a great price, with restaraunts close by you can count on this hotel! FREE WI-FI and parking right in front of my room!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Very old room in need of updating and repairs. The air conditioner was loud and kept us up at night as well as the toilet kept running. I wiped off left over toothpaste off the sink. Service desk clerk had a hard time understanding English. Internet access VERY slow.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FiveAdventurers
Washington DC
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Maybe there are new owners, but the room we stayed in was very clean and good overall. The door had a small mechanical problem (no big deal to address), the tub had a spot of porcelain chipped off and the AC had a few chipped buttons (with the red and blue hot/cold switched). But for the price we were very satisfied and would definitely stay there again.

The owner or manager was very friendly and said hi every time we saw him and asked if there was anything we needed. Then when it was past time for the breakfast to close, he was apologetic and wanted to ensure we didn't need anything else before he closed up. Very nice customer service we really appreciated -- and close to King's Dominion (10 minutes). Definitely recommend this for the money.

• Liked — friendliness, cleanliness
  • Disliked — some maintenance problems; hard to find location using GPS
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rynoelway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Centerstone Inn
Centerstone Inn
#3 of 5 in Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA

Been to Red Carpet Inn, Ashland? Share your experiences!