“Love the atmosphere”

Clyde's Willow Creek Farm
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's Willow Creek Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 222 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Claiborne Parkway
Description: When the opportunity arose for a new restaurant at Broadlands, just west of Dulles Airport in Loudoun County, Virginia, it became an ideal chance to create a truly unique destination for dining. This sprawling, rustic tavern features four bars and numerous dining rooms, making the question of where to sit much more difficult than you may have expected. In the 1980s the Clyde's Restaurant Group purchased several antique heavy timber buildings destined for demolition and more than 30 years later these barns, stables, homes, and taverns were reassembled to create the complex of dining rooms for Clyde's Willow Creek Farm. The restaurant which is located on a working farm, is inviting and comfortable, stunningly decorated with original artwork, sculpture, historic artifacts and an over-the-top collection of museum quality 18th century horse-drawn carriages - most strung from the ceilings lined with solid timber struts.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The atmosphere is great. We were seated outside under the pergola and it was absolutely nice. Dinner and were drinks were not exceptional but I enjoyed my meal. After dinner, we explored the restaurant as there are many different rooms, bars and eating areas and lots of interesting farm/barn objects. Nice place to spend a summer evening with friends. I would go there again on my next trip to Ashburn, Va.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

As always, excellent drink/food, and service. This visit was solo but also frequent with my wife, immediate family, and extended family. They never disappoint.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Went to dinner Friday night, wife says to head for Clyde's. Got there about 8:00 seated almost immediately, restaurant was busy. 20 minutes later, still no acknowledgement from any server and I was ready to throw in the napkin (towel). Server appears and asks if we have been waited on, takes drink order and sets off to find female server. I watch as he speaks with her and she looks in our direction. She starts over but never stops, breezes right past table. Drinks arrive, still no female server and appetizer is ordered from a second server. Female arrives and seeing that we have been served disappears again. Finally comes by and takes dinner order but is no where to be found. We then notice she has 3 (!) whole tables to wait on. Asks wife if she wants another glass of wine, disappears again. Food is brought out by yet another male server after about a 30 minute wait after the order was placed. Female server NEVER asks me if I want a refill of tea I was drinking, doesn't ask if wife wants another wine.
Food was okay at best. Swordfish was cool by the time it arrived, wife had strip steak. A fourth male appears and asks if everything is alright and we tell him of the evening. He takes appetizer off bill which wasn't necessary. I felt funny leaving a tip much smaller than I usually leave but wife tipped male servers who tried to help out the clueless female server. Bill was substantially lower than our normal dinner tab because female server did not know how to build up the tab. Won't be back for a while but will return.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I live near this restaurant and have been to the bar quite a few times. I also dine in sometimes when I have guests. The atmosphere, interior, and bars are good. However, meals and dining services are not as good as thier fancy look. I've tried several different dish, nothing has been really impressive (under or overcooked steak, bizarre food sometiems). The servers are totally random. Servers can be great, good, ok, poor, or terrible. They don't seem to have consistency in serving manner. Depending on who's serving the table, it can be pleasant or so unpleasant that you just want to leave. Some of the servers I had wasn't attentive, and we had to wait for long time just to get their attention even though the restaurant wasn't so busy. I have seen the server gossiping with other servers about customers she's serving while people were walking through. I could hear it all. Only excellent point about this place are drinks and bar tenders. I do not recomend this place for dining, but the bars and bartenders are
great. I go this restaurant
only when others want to go.

1  Thank sgrans
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went with 5 friends to lunch here the other day. Always expect and always have a great time. BLT which two friends ordered was wonderful and consisted of home grown tomatoes. They said it was the best BLT they ever had! Reuben, pasta dish, and chicken #1 sandwich superb and was cheerfully served in a timely manner. The dessert we all had was the "cupcake of the day" which was red velvet with a traditioinal fluffy vanilla frosting. The cake was fresh and light and the frosting delicious. The highlight of the meal was Denny, our server. He was knowledgable, courteous, efficient. What more could you ask for a perfect lunch? This place will continue to be a favorite!!!!

1  Thank Laurance