“Sunday Brunch wih Neighbors”

Clyde's Willow Creek Farm
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's Willow Creek Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 211 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Claiborne Parkway
Description: When the opportunity arose for a new restaurant at Broadlands, just west of Dulles Airport in Loudoun County, Virginia, it became an ideal chance to create a truly unique destination for dining. This sprawling, rustic tavern features four bars and numerous dining rooms, making the question of where to sit much more difficult than you may have expected. In the 1980s the Clyde's Restaurant Group purchased several antique heavy timber buildings destined for demolition and more than 30 years later these barns, stables, homes, and taverns were reassembled to create the complex of dining rooms for Clyde's Willow Creek Farm. The restaurant which is located on a working farm, is inviting and comfortable, stunningly decorated with original artwork, sculpture, historic artifacts and an over-the-top collection of museum quality 18th century horse-drawn carriages - most strung from the ceilings lined with solid timber struts.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

A party of five went to Sunday brunch to say good-bye to one of the guest that is relocating. I had never been to Clyde's for Sunday brunch and was expecting a brunch buffet. That is not the case. We ordered off of the menu, some ordered breakfast food and some ordered salads. First, we had reservations and had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. The waiter came to our table immediately to take drink orders. I inquired about the $14.00 champagne and he had no clue. He thought it was a bottle. I asked him to inquire. I believe it was a quarter bottle, almost filled the flute. The waiter returned quickly to take our food order. We were not ready to order as we were in conversation. I felt a little rushed. When we placed our order, he could not accurately describe the bread that was in the salad. I do not recall the name of the salad. He added cucumbers as requested, removed olives from 1 salad, and put the dressing on the side as requested. I believe it was some kind of vinaigrette. However, it was very thick. When I asked the waiter was that the correct dressing, he said he didn't think so and proceeded to bring the same dressing out for the second time. I settled for oil and vinegar (I think). The salad was fresh and the grilled chicken breasts tasty. I believe everyone enjoyed their food, even desserts. Overall a good time with good company and average food.

There are newer reviews for Clyde's Willow Creek Farm

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Clyde's has been an institution in the Washington area for years (they now have 14 locations) and it has always been a consistent place to get reasonably priced food. The Willow Creek Farm location is a spectacular building, with clearly a lot of money spent on décor and a lot of thought that went into it. It feels like being in colonial Williamsburg. Clyde's is a place you can count on the basics- salads, burgers and crab cakes never disappoint. Some of their other entrees have been less successful. Having said that, we had the monthly special that was fried oysters and they were good and fresh. "Cottage fries" were overcooked and way too salty, but the cole slaw was good. The star of the evening was the fried calamari appetizer, some of the best I've ever had. A heaping bowl of lightly fried calamari was mixed with cabbage, pepper jelly and some spices and it was amazing. It was an unlikely sounding combination that didn't make the calamari soggy and gave it an added flavor that was totally unexpected. The bowl easily served three of us and could also have been an entrée portion. We were too full for dessert. The service was good, and we sat as long as we wanted and it didn't appear the tables were going to have second seatings. It's hard to beat a setting like that with good food and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Favorite neighborhood restaurant! Always good, menu varies with season. Truly outstanding for excellence in handling food allergies! (Amazing attention to detail)! Love the farm to table approach during the summer, and patio dining.

Clyde's is great for business, couples, family and friends - perfect for everyone:)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have dined at several Clyde's locations but I was not prepared for the sensory experience provided by the Willow Creek Farm establishment. The restaurant offers a lot of literature about and history over which this site came into being. I won't try to recap it; suffice it to say that a lot of design and effort went into creating a unique, new facility that reeks with history.

Among the amazement is that despite the large, wooded dining area, the sound level is quite low. My dinner companions and I were able to converse quietly, and never felt overpowered by other tables' conversations.

Out waitress was friendly and engaging--a college student home on break--and extremely professional. The menu too, was both very American as well as inventive. I chose the pulled-pork gnocchi as my entree, an iceberg wedge as a salad, and chocolate truffle cake for dessert. My companions had the fried calamari appetizer, and the sweet-sour dressing was tangy and succulent. They chose the swordfish and grilled filet mignon entrees and said they we're delighted with their choices.

This was a post-year holiday dinner for us in lieu of an office party. In that regard, I believe we made the correct choice.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

For a large beautiful Barn/Farmhouse (with multiple rooms) the service and food were quite amazing. We had appetizers, regular menu options and the traditional options for Thanksgiving and the food was delicious (and big portions). We all enjoyed our first out to dinner Holiday meal.