New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Leesburg, Virginia
“Delicious Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. The appetizers were delicious (we got the veg appetizer platter- tons of food!) and we found each food item to be both hot and very tasty. For entree husband had lamb vindaloo and I had chicken tikka masala. We were both really happy with our choices and the lamb was tender.
My only disappointment was with the girl taking my appetizer plate from me as I was still eating!
Really enjoyed this restaurant and we will be back!

• Visited June 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Average food, but OK for a veg-eating desi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My colleague and I went to Banjara for dinner while staying at Leesburg for a conference. Being veggies, we lapped up the chance to get some desi food. The place s large and decent. The service is pretty good. The food portions are quite big.

The food itself was pretty average I think. We ordered aloo and chana masala and both tasted pretty much the same (they didn't tell us that the gravy would be identical). The rotis were huge in size and we couldn't finish what we had ordered.

Overall, an average place. But if you want desi food and are stuck somewhere in the Leesburg area, its an option you can try.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Poor consistency and lack of flavor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've visited Banjara ever since it opened. The first few years were excellent...very good food and service.
Things started to slide a few years ago, and we haven't been for a while.
So, we decided to give it another try.
Major disappointment. The chicken tikka masala is bland and lacking any real authentic curry flavor. The fish curry was not much better.
Not bad food, just bland, and for the $, I expect flavor.
It's sad, since it used to be really good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Indian in Ashburn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Wonderful food, and we rely on the servers to help us decide what to order.. Always great advice! The staff is wonderful, very relaxed and helpful. They are wonderful with kids here too, they are not going to rush you through your meal, but food comes out fast and hot. We love this place and enjoy our experiences here - eating in and doing takeout....

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ashburn, Virginia
“Sucks big time at dinner time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Don't even bother. Very, very, very slow service and the food wasn't even good. Zero rating for me here. Sorry.

Visited September 2012