“Love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlottesville, United States
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Super value, and amazing amenities! I have stayed there three times, and it has always been top-notch. Especially love the evening reception and the breakfast buffet! MAde-to-order omelets for breakfast as part of their free buffet? Wow! Wonderful hotel!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We've stayed here quite a few time before a flight out of Dulles and it's always been a pleasant stay with good rooms and a nice managers reception.

This stay was a little different - they had no water for 4 or 5 hours when we first checked in, we had just got to the room and no water, I went down to the desk and the manager, Tammy Adams, happened to be there and told me they were still without water, something the check in staff should have let us known - apparently it had been out for at least a day and there were a lot of irate customers. The manager did extend the reception for an hour longer.

I do think that properties should notify you if they have major issues - and no water for over a day is major issue - so you can make alternate plans if you need to.

The other negative on this one was the shuttle ride back from the airport. I don't know if they have a scheduled run, we waited 50 minutes for the shuttle - if they do have a schedule the desk personnel need to let you know when you call for the shuttle.

Room Tip: They are all good, typical Embassy Suites layout
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration the water incident caused you. We share your frustration unforunately in this case there was no way to know in advance the pump would fail. Knowing this was an extraordinary event we hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hospitality you deserve.
Bedford, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Pleasant and helpful staff. Just had an issue with no water for 2 days, and not much communication. I could deal with the lack of water better if I were more informed so i could decide what route would work best for me with the circumstance.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Please accept our sincere apologies for the frustration this incident has caused you. We share your frustration and appreciate the feedback concerning our communication to the guests. Knowing they deserve the best in service we will add this to our ongoing safety training . We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is really convenient to Dulles (previously I've only used BWI). Upon entering the hotel, I noticed that it was a professionally looking convention center. The front desk staff (Candee) was very cordial and engaged me in conversation other then the normal 'check in chatter'. To me that was important as I travel so much for work.

My room was a 2 Queen suite with comfortable beds, a desk in the main living area, microwave, and mini fridge. I was more than pleased with my room as it was clean, comfortable, and I loved that the desk was in the main living area as opposed to the bedroom. 2 flat screens rounded out the ensemble.

Breakfast was tops in this hotel! While it was serve yourself, there was a yogurt bar, a hot food bar (with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, waffles, gravy, etc.), made to order omelets, pastry area, and coffee. I was shocked to find that it was complimentary!

I used the fitness room twice for cardio. As the weather turned cold during my week, I appreciated the treadmills.

There are numerous restaurants around the hotel to fit any budget, with some even in walking distance.

The hotel also has a shuttle, but I'm not sure of the details as I needed a rental.

My only complaint is that I booked through my airline, which was about $30/night higher than booking on trip advisor!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team
KING OF PRUSSIA, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

no water for 5 plus hours had to determine where to go to the bathroom could not take a shower many other customers were very angry have stayed there three times before but will never stay again whyyyy do I have to leave at least 200 letters for a review the last day was terrible

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. Unfortunately the circumstances described were beyond anyones control. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future
reading, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

poor customer care. The bathroom was never cleaned or wiped down. Not much of a "vacation" when I am cleaning the bathroom AFtER housekeeping comes in. I also shouldn't have to chase down the housekeeping staff to replace my shampoo TWO days in a row!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks for your review. I am very sorry we did provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us do just that. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance
Sterling, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently attended the Fall Conference for the NOVA Chapter of the IAAP. While I cannot speak for the room accommodations, as I am local, the meeting and dining spaces provided were perfect for our group. The food provided was much more than I expected and was very pleased. The selections were well-prepared and seemed to satisfy all. Definitely look forward to another event hosted there soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and food. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team and look forward to hosting your group again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Aloft Dulles Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!