“Good Hotel when flying from DC” 4 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Southside Virginia
“Good Hotel when flying from DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have used this hotel a number of times when flying from Dulles airport because of the parking and the airport shuttle. We have always been pleased with the helpful staff and can add very little to the positive reviews already posted on TA. Our latest experience involved a "park & fly" package when we were scheduled to stay at the hotel upon our return. Our flight from London was cancelled on Sunday and we found we would be returning on a Monday flight instead. When we contacted the hotel, we learned that we would not be able to transfer our booked night of Sunday forward to Monday night. I was not totally surprised by this information. Our arrival on Monday was fairly early in the day so not being able to spend the night was no big problem.
I would recommend this hotel to travelers and we plan to book with them again the next time we need to fly from Dulles.

Room Tip: If you book a "park & fly" package, you will most likely not be able to change your sc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I glad that we have been able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future or anytime your travel plans take you through the Dulles area. In the mean time I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kulpmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stay here often. We have Family living in Ashburn VA. This is a Great place to stay. Free cooked to Order Breakfast 0700 to 1030 hrs, Free Happy Hour 1730 to 1930 hrs, Nice heated in door Pool, rooms are nice and clean, Staff is ver nice to ALL. Free shuttle ride TO & FROM Dulles airport, about 5 Miles away, you can also leave your CAR & the Hotel while away on a trip, this is a big + if traveling. Bedding is the best, lots of Pillows! Discount for AARP members and other type members, price around $92.00 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your past and present stays memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here one night and found the rooms very nice and they have been updated. Service was excellent, breakfast also very good which tends to be the norm. Not sure where the negative reviews are coming from but we saw nothing that was a problem in any area. Hotel was very quiet as it is away from the major highways in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such positive comments about the hotel our team takes great pride in the service they provide and our hotel. I will make sure to share your feedback with the team members.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Who is writing the negative reviews about this hotel? We stayed here for one night in September and had two suites. We are a family of 5 adults and 2 toddlers traveling together and we needed a park, stay and fly hotel for Dulles airport. This hotel was a perfect place for us. Check-in was a breeze. The rooms were clean and looked new. The beds were comfortable. We requested a crib for one of our rooms and they provided a full size crib, not a Pac N Play. The Manager's reception was very nice with good appetizers to go with the free drinks. When our son, daughter-in-law and two grandaughters arrived we all went to the indoor pool and had a blast. We ordered room service for dinner and it was great. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and there was a lot of variety. The shuttle to the airport was on time and even let us install two baby car seats for our grandaughters. During our stay we did not experience any problems and would highly recommend this hotel to our friends or relatives.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LM77
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your special needs and expectations with regard to the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team as they be excited to know their efforts do not go unnoticed.

Argyle, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Room poorly cleaned and outdated, with old and dirty looking carpet. Newspaper that I kept for reading after work was removed from the room consistently. No Manager on site to attend customers. No Wi-Fi connectivity working at my room despite having paid for it and personnel unable to "fix". Business center lacked internet connection and the computers were slow and obsolete. Unexperienced staff unable to attend basic requests, for example, providing silverware for in-room dining. The answer I got from the front desk clerk was "I don't know where the silverware is". Another one said "that's not my job". Bad experience. Will not stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Wanakho K
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. I will definitely review your observations with our customer service team.
We encourage you to return to our location as our goal is to provide a flawless stay. If your travels return you to the Dulles Corridor, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Jim Ruedinger
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My family stayed her over the weekend front desk was staff was nice and quick check in. We're in high floor which is nice but not the cleanliness of the room. We got to our room the carpet was disgusting and dirty and was not vacuum at all. We found hair all over our bed and had yellow stained disgusting!. I spoke to someone from housekeeping and I ask her for a new bed sheet she seems like did not understand me or maybe don't want to be bother. It took 3hrs before I received my request and that it terrible service. I didn't get her name but she has a long hair and strong accent. The owner need to find a new manager she or he is not doing their job. This hotel is nice and good location.

Room Tip: Nice hotel and location but not the room cleanliness. Housekeeping manager is not doing their job!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Embassy Suite Dulles. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Jim Ruedinger
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel has a lot of potential. I stayed with family for a weekend and the front desk staff is exceptional! Very friendly and attentive. The lobby is really nice so I was disappointed to see how out dated my room was and how dirty the carpet was. I hope they decide to renovate the rooms really soon because it is definitely time. It wouldn't be so obvious if housekeeping actually cleaned the rooms. Im not sure what they do and was horrified at bleached out stain spots on my sheets. the comforter had stains as well and there was trash and dirt behind the night stand. Also bug stains on the walls from someone killing a bug, not not actually wiping it off. Breakfast was really good so my only issue would be with the room cleanliness and appearance which is why I give it an average rating. Housekeeping and the outdated appearance, once dealt with will give this hotel an A+

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer B
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback both the good and not so good from your recent visit to the Embassy Suites Dulles North. I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay.
It is only through feedback from guests such as yourself are we able to identify potential guest issues and correct them.
Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from the Embassy Suites brand.

Jim Ruedinger CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun? Share your experiences!