All reviews evening reception free drinks happy hour great hotel made to order omelets omelet station the managers living room pool and hot tub complimentary breakfast breakfast was excellent excellent stay convenient location business trip business center front desk staff hotel shuttle
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend to explore the area. The hotel is literally down the street from Verizon and a short drive to AOL, Raytheon and other big corps in the technology corridor.
Check in was very quick and friendly. We were given a room on the sixth floor away from the elevator as requested. We were, however, placed next to the ice machine. Usually this would be a concern. However, we never heard a thing! The hotel is really quiet and it was nearly full.

The room was very comfortable with a microwave and refrigerator in suite. The living room furnishings were worn and definitely need replaced. The bed was quite comfortable and came with plenty of pillows.

The complimentary breakfast had limited offerings but was very good. The choices changed daily which was nice.

The business center has 2 computers and 2 printers but only 1 printer works. The in-room wireless was reliable but has an additional cost unless you are Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond. The Atrium complimentary wireless does not extend into the suites unless you sit right next to the window.

I will be staying here again on a business assignment and look forward to it.

Room tip: Rooms with higher numbers tend to be away from the elevators. Corner suites are the VIP rooms and include a conference table.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Tulston
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend, I didn't spend too much time in the hotel besides sleeping and breakfast because I spent most of my time in DC. This hotel was clean, and since we got our room with groupon, a great price for us.However, I was disappointed that the hotel itself is about 25 mins away from a metro station. I thought the hotel was 30 mins outside of dc- but it was 25 mins to the metro, then 30 mins on the metro to get to the federal triangle area. Breakfast buffet was good, the omelet station would cook me eggs any way I wanted, but bacon only seemed available thru the omelet station area.

One weird thing me and my gfs did notice with this hotel was, and no one was able to explain it, was that it moved. We thought maybe it was because we had just driven 8hrs, but we all felt shaking at the same time. We thought maybe the metro was under us but no one else at the hotel said they felt it!

Gym looked nice, and wish the pool /hot tub was open later because a dip in would have been amazing after walking around all day

BTW THE BEST BEDS AND BLANKETS EVER, SO FLUFFY!!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
jruedinger, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel must say not sure about the hotel moving! I assure you we will be here next time you visit the area and will be sure to share this with my team members.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I had training at this company called Telos. Embassy Suites is about 2.5 miles from the training site. What sets ES apart from other hotels is the complimentary breakfast and it's a REAL breakfast. There are chefs that prepare omelettes to order and waffles. There is plenty of fruit, cereals, pastries, juices, breakfast meats and sides to choose from. I suggest getting downstairs early. The second reason I like ES is the complimentary happy hour every night from 5:30 to 7p. Free drinks with bartenders preparing them. The only thing I didn't really like was the business center. There were only two computers and they were extremely SLOW! You cannot download documents from email to print them and you must fax at the front desk. I'm unsure if there is a charge for faxing. I waited so long for the computer to buffer that I just abandoned my actions. The pool is nice and the workout facilities are ample. However if you have a group of ten that are working out at the time you want to, you will have to wait. The room was pretty clean. I'm always leery of the linens at all hotels and this one is no different. There were hairs in the bed. :o( Thankfully I had a room with two, so I just slept in the other bed. The beds are comfortable. They do not provide shower caps, sewing kits, etc, just the basic lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Again, the breakfast makes up for this. If you don't want lunch or dinner, there is a great strip mall behind the hotel (in walking distance) that has several choices. Five Guys and Italian restaurant, Pho, pizza place, mexican restaurant, but if you care to drive (3mile radius) there is Bertucci's, Bonefish Grill, Potbelly's and the normal fast fooderies like KFC, Taco Bell, etc.. There is also a pharmacy close by. The traffic can be a little heavy at times, but it's not painful to deal with. I would stay there again if I needed to.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed over Easter weekend April 2012. We just loved the hotel! I normally dont write reviews. However, I just had to say how much we really enjoyed our stay at the embassy suites dulles north loudon. The complimentary breakfast was a full breakfast with perks. The managers special featured snacks and an open bar from 5-7:30. Hotel was clean. Large rooms. Staff very helpful. We are planning to stay this hotel again on next trip to d.c. excellent

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for two days and we absolutely loved it. Our room was very spacious, the breakfast was fantastic and we got free drinks during the 5:30pm-7:30pm dinner time. I loved their buffalo wings and we loved the view inside of the hotel.

I guess the only downside of it all was that there was no free wifi, and the wifi downstairs was a bit slow. Also their breakfast service for your personalized omelet was slow because when a group of family orders, you end up waiting for 5 to 10 min. The first time we had the breakfast, the line was packed. The manager was kind enough to apologize to us for the wait and even took one of the customer's advice to put up buffet style breakfast outside of the omelet line. The next day, they did the buffet style outside of the buffet line and made the breakfast line, a little bit more faster.

Overall, they had great breakfast, great room, great price, and great dinner service!

Room tip: This place is good for people who wants to travel around washington dc area but still have the great price and great service. This place was suited for us because we wanted to drive around Washington d.c. area and Virginia. We also wanted a lower price on the rooms since we were renting a car.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. Its only through feedback from guests such as yourself are we able evaluate and make changes to improve our services. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.