Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Clean, well appointed rooms. Great breakfast and complimentary evening buffet. Very convenient location. But what makes this place great is the staff--absolutely exceptional!! Rare collection of friendly, knowledgable and accomodating hotel professionals. I've traveled extensively over the past 19 years--domestically and internationally--and this has been the most pleasant stay I can remember.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank norwayVa

Reviewed May 23, 2008

Clean and quiet rooms.
Nice and accomodating staff who are always ready to lend a helping hand.
Great amenities--pool (indoor and out), breakfast, work-out room, washer & dryer, manager's nightly dinner specials (only on weekdays), office/computer area

ALL in ALL it was a pleasant stay at this hotel.
The only thing I would recommend is to put a small playground for families with small kids.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2007

I was originally booked in their sister property (Embassy Suites) but they did not have vacancies the day I arrived so I was switched to the Homewood Suites. Both hotels are on the same property and are connected by a hallway. They share an indoor swimming pool, fitness room, and airport shuttle. My room was very nice and quite spacious. It felt more like a studio apartment rather than a hotel room. The room was equipped with free high-speed wireless internet, a full size refrigerator, cooktop surface, microwave, and a set of dishes.

Because of the Embassy Suites mixup, I probably paid less for this room than if I had booked with them initially. In any case, I very much enjoyed my stay at the Homewood Suites

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Canion1
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I travel with my job 7 months out of the year and Hilton Homewood Suites has become my home away from home this year. First, let me say that being a frequent travler all Homewood Suites are not the same.

As far as this location, as my title states this facility is not one that i would recomend. Why? do you ask? This facility is joined with Embasy Suites and the first thing you noticed when entering is the lack of. Lack of staff, lack of house-keeping, lack of complimentary food for breakfast and dinner. Seems that the lack of patrons to this facility has made management to CUT services.

Housekeeping is everyother day during the week and only on request on the weekend even though you are charged the same price each day. Yes management CUTS.

One person at the reception desk at all times. They have to answer all incoming calls and check patrons in and out at the same time. Yes management CUTS.

The morning breakfast and dinner menu are great, but do not expect that you you see food there. Yes the management has CUT the amount of food they have to be served. It is the bare essential to make you think there is something there.

It almost seems like management want you to go to the connecting facility Embasy Suites to do buisness. Not sure why this is but maybe for the $$$$.

However, one great beny that Hilton has over Marriot is they do allow smokers. Marriot went to non smoking in all their facility last year. Hilton has been more than generious with allowing smokers in their facility. With that they have my buisness.

Last, Hilton please look at the Homewood facility in Houston...Kingwood Texas. This is one facility that goes beyond the normal extended stay hotel. They do not CUT on services, staff or amount of food on making a patrons stay remarkable.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank purplepassioncpl
GMHW, Hotel Management at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2007

Thanks for sharing your recent experience at our hotel with Trip Advisor. I'm happy that you scored our hotel high in the areas of rooms, cleanliness, and business service. We enjoyed having you stay with us.

Regarding your concerns, I wanted to assure you that as an upscale extended stay hotel Homewood Suites Dulles-North meets all brand requirements. In fact, our property offers additional value added benefits that most hotels don't including 2 pools (indoor and outdoor), 2 business centers, and 2 fitness centers (cardio and strength).

Since we care about the environment and conserving resources, our optional weekend service is one way to reduce water consumption and prevent unnecessary detergent from entering the water supply. Ultimately the choice remains with the guest and requested service allows this to customize each stay to our guest's particular needs.

Again, thanks for sharing and remember Homewood Suites Dulles-North is committed to making each and every guest happy.

Reviewed April 16, 2007

My family's home burned on 2/10 - Disaster services with our insurance company got us in the Homewood Suites so that we could all be together (2 teenage boys, an older teenage daughter, myself and our dog!). We were thrilled with the service, the patience with our devastation, our sometimes zombie-like appearance.

Everyone there was so personable, they treated us like family and they were our home for 10 days while we were displaced from our home and before we got into our 'semi permanent' residence.

Homewood was a joy, the food was excellent - and I had mouths to feed - just a couple of days and the breakfast/dinner staff knew us and took such good care of my boys!! It was so nice not having to worry about food when I had so much other to deal with.

The level of service, the management team, the wait staff, and all of the employees were aware of our needs and did anything they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible under our circumstances.

Thank God for the soft nerf darts and the indoor pool/jacuzzi - great way to work off some pent in teenager energy!

Thank you Homewood Suites, for your excellence in service and the caring shown to my family in our time of total devastation!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank MDNoni
RicPomeroy, Managing Director at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2007

Good Day,

Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased to be able to help pick you up after the fire. Certainly feedback like yours is so helpful in recognizing and "Cheerleading" for our associates.

On behalf of GM Todd Patterson and his team, I thank you for your feedback and compliments.

I hope to see you and your family again - but this time on leisure!

Ric Pomeroy, CHS
Managing Director

Reviewed March 10, 2007

I stayed here on business in February and was so pleasantly surprised by what I found. I hadn't stayed at a Homewood Suites before, but the Embassy Suites next door was full so we stayed here (the two hotels are attached via an internal corridor)

My suite was very clean and the full kitchen was AWESOME! I can see why some guests stay there a YEAR or more. I was checked in by a very pleasant young lady named Amaris, and she even called me twn minutes after I arrived upstairs to make sure I was comfortable and see if I needed anything. She even used my name (which I appreciated and made me feel at home)

I will stay here again when my travels next take me to northern virginia

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Hondo20132
Reviewed December 24, 2006

There was one big problem with this hotel: I was lost, around 12:30 at night--and NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONE! Thank goodness I remembered it was next to the Embassy Suites, and someone there gave me directions. Then when I arrived--guess what--NO ONE AT THE DESK! I called the Embassy Suites, and they sent someone over to check me in.

Other than that. . the hotel was great, and I would stay there again. All the staff were friendly, the breakfast was fresh and tasty, the work out rooms were clean and had enough equipment and the rooms spacious with nice linens. It does appear that there is a strip mall wtih some restaurants opening up next door; otherwise, it is not walking distance to anything. This is also NOT at the airport; it's about 5 miles away.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family

Good Day,

Thank you for your honest feedback! My apologies that our team left the Reception Desk on "auto-pilot" for a few minutes. It is through comments like yours that we able to identify and address service issues as they arise.

I am pleased that overall, you enjoyed your visit.

Pn behalf of GM Todd Patterson and his team, I hope to see you back again soon.

Happy Holidays (Belated)

Ric Pomeroy, CHS
Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
0 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun? Share your experiences!