“Not up to par with other Homewood suites”

Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here recently after having had a good experience with another Homewood suites in Philadelphia. First the front desk staff person could not find our reservation in the computer and then did not apologize afterwards. The carpet in our room was very stained and very thin. The TVs are old-style and the wireless Internet is also slow. On the positive side, the breakfast was decent and the breakfast staff was very friendly. There was also free parking. Overall I think I would try other hotels before coming back to this one.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Ahmad E, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Homewood Suites. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit. we are working on upgrading to new TV's. and we will have the internet upgrade in August.
I do want to thank you on recognizing our staff and the customer service we provide. I will take this and share it with the team.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles-North

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I picked homewood suite because it was walking distance to where i had to work for few days..i think it was average

The good--
free breakfast (and dinner mon-thurs i hear but i didn't try it). They serve complimentary beer wine too- wine is not good at all but its free and only choice beer is bud i think
bed was comfy

the bad
Tube TVs in the room- i think it's time you upgraded
free internet is nice but it's so slow that it's almost unusable
free shuttle is hit or miss..i was stranded for couple hours waiting to be picked up from a restaurant. and other time i had to cab it...so don't rely on it
i was on the 2nd floor and could hear the cracking sounds of floor boards from the room above. Every time someone was walking upstairs i would hear it..was annoying when trying to sleep

Next time i will try the embassy suites next door

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Homewood Suites Dulles-North. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay. we are working on upgrading the TV's and some of the other amenities.Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from Homewood Suits.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles-North

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I are in the process of moving. Needless to say, after the exhausting process of moving out of the house in VA, it was nice to come back to this little oasis for a few days before settlement.

Our suite had two rooms - one with two queen beds (comfy!), bath, sink, vanity, and the good sized closet had a safe. The other room had a little living room with a sofa bed and fully-stocked kitchen with frig, dishwasher, range, and microwave. Breakfast and light dinner is included. What more could you ask for? I would definitely stay in a Homewood Suite again.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the top floor away from the elevator. It was incredibly quiet - I can't say e...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

General Manager, Homewood Dulles-North

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stay in Homewood Suites preferably when I travel. This hotel did not keep up with the standards that I have seen in other Homewood Suites. 1. Poor checkin - staff was confused did not know where the reservation was, no professionalism. 2. Non smoking room smelled like a smoking room. 3. Room was rundown and dirty, not that I expect a spotless room but I like to think it is relatively clean. (stains and hair on the sheets) 4. Checkout - staff again was confused, unsure how to checkout a guest. 5. Poor attitude - a take it or leave it attitude. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: stay in homewood suites dulles south if your coming to this area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes. We truly regret the difficulties you experienced during your stay and will make sure our team uses this feedback to improve Service during our peak seasons.

We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you will give us another try!

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles- North

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here about 4 nights in June 2012. Directly prior to our arrival they sent an email that they could not give us our reserved 2 bedroom suite, as they didn't have any available. They searched for similar lodging at nearby hotels, but were unable to find any. They eventually put my family of 5 in a one bedroom for the first night (for free) and moved us to a 2 bedroom for the remainder of our stay. Our 2 bedroom suite on the second floor was located near the back of the hotel and close to a mechanical/storage room. The problem with this was that the employees apparently used these rooms to take smoke breaks, and our room would smell like cigarette smoke frequently. The final drawback we found was that the breakfast staff seemed overwhelmed the days we were there. On all but one day, almost all the breakfast food was gone when we arrived in the breakfast area around 8:00am, and the staff couldn't seem to make it fast enough to feed the number of guests. We ended up eating cereal on these days. Other than this, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the outdoor pool at the hotel was very nice. Also, the indoor pool at the connected Embassy Suites was nice for one of the cooler days we were there. The staff was very friendly and seemed like they were trying to help, but just weren't always effective. I tried to speak with the manager about our issues, but he wasn't available at that time. The staff at the desk asked me to leave my cell phone number, which I did, but he never called me back. I've stayed at nicer hotels in the area, and although this one was ok, I will not be staying here next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are near a construction area next door, and they start construction very early.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Homewood Suites Dulles- North. I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations for several aspects of your stay and apologize sincerely for the issues that you encountered.

We value your feedback and strive to make every guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable.
I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future and we can demonstrate the Homewood Suites difference in action!

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles- North

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Clean, comfortable place to stay. Be careful using their wifi network. I was hacked while making reservations for a mountain cabin near New Market.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team. On a side note, I will be looking into your internet experience!

Luis Kuglitsch
General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles North

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed there 2 nights and had very different results.

For the first night I got a room 156 next to the laundry and the elevator and it was quite noisy. Also, I came backup after midnight and my card would not open the door. I was standing in front of the door ringing the bell for more than 5 mins before someone let me in. The TV was old and small. Then I tried to watch some youtube videos and the the video was stopping every half a minute because internet connection was slow (next morning I went to business center to print some directions and the Internet on the computer over there was also slow).

So I was pretty disappointed and talked to the front desk lady.

The next night I came at 1 am and the door opened right away, I was moved to another room on the 3rd floor and it was really quite. Well, the Internet didn't get better, but I got a big LCD TV in the room, so no disappointment there. The only problem was this room didn't have tea stocked and I had to go downstairs to get some.

Overall, the place is great. The rooms have a lot of space, they are clean, comfortable furniture, perfectly usable kitchens, friendly staff, good free breakfast. Unfortunately, not all rooms are equally comfortable and, apparently, not all staff members are equally good, so I can understand why people were posting mixed reviewed.

My advice would be to talk to the front desk and looks like they would try to get your problems solved once you make them aware.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not close to the elevator or laundry. If you watch TV, ask for a room with a ne...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. We will apply your observations to our customer service improvement plan that we are implementing. Also, we are in the middle of upgrading our internet access to provide much more bandwidth to our guests!

We encourage you to return to our location as our goal is to provide a flawless stay. If your travels return you to the Dulles Corridor, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Luis Kuglitsch
General Manager, Homewood Suites Dulles North

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun? Share your experiences!