“Two in One Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas Tx
“Two in One Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Yes, we stayed at the Homewood Suites, but connected to it was an Embassy Suites. One had an outdoor pool and the other an indoor. There were other things they shared, but we did not spend a lot of time at the hotel.

The time we did spend was sleeping and breakfast. The hotel was not full and they did a good job of spreading out the guest so they would not disturb each other. The breakfast was good but not fantastic. We did have supper one night and they had ordered from the local Italian place and it was very good. We did see a lot of dogs staying there, but they did not disturb us.

The front desk was helpful. My husband had business meetings all day and so I was left to my own devices. They helped me figure out how to get to the bus so that I could get to DC and enjoy sight seeing. I also saw them helping other guests with issues they were having.

Very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: This hotel does accept dogs.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest

On behalf of the entire team at the Homewood Suites Ashburn, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. I'm glad that your stay was delightful and that you had such a great experience with our front desk personel. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know. Also, I would like to "Thank You" for your great comments made through Trip Advisor!
If I can assist with anything before or during your next visit, kindly give me a call. Thank you so much .

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Getting away from the coast, we moved inland away from Irene. I needed a hotel that would take my dog and this Homewood did just that, only for a $20 fee. If you've traveled with pets before, you already know how $20 is a steal.

Our stay was uneventful, except for a fire alarm in the early evening that was due to some teenagers playing with the smoke detector in their room. That was quickly resolved and my daughter got to see a fire truck! So she thought it was pretty fun and it made her night.

The room was not overly spacious, but it still was a one bedroom suite with two queen beds. We did not have to ask twice for the crib in the room, as it was here when we arrived. I don't know how many times we stay at hotels, request a crib, and then repeatedly request the crib until it finally shows. The bed was a little soft for me, so I had to pull out the sofa bed in the living room. A little lumpy, but I slept then.

We had dinner at the restaurant at the Embassy Suites next door to the Homewood. Great burgers! It is not actually a restaurant as you'd expect, but more of an extension of the breakfast nook, that oh by the way, serves dinner from a menu. We expected to find a traditional restaurant and scratched our heads as we were directed to the closed breakfast buffet area. The staff was wonderful.

The pool was small, but heated. When we arrived at the pool, we had it all to ourselves. Eventually a group of two adults and 8 children arrived. That drove us from the waters as they completely took over and created a total nightmare. There were screaming kids everywhere in such a small area.

All in all, a good stay during an emergency and the staff was very nice to work with. If ever in this area again, we'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank orionreplay
Milton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our family of 6 was very comfortable in our spacious, two room suite with kitchenette. As requested in advanced, a crib (pack 'n' play) was set up for the baby, and the sofa bed was pulled out and made. The room was impeccably clean. The only complaint I have is that the bed I slept in was unfortunately just beneath the air conditioning vent. Throughout the night I was periodically awakened by a blast of cool air. This wouldn't prevent me from staying at this hotel again though if the need arose. The staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast was good. In addition to cereals, pastries, and seasonal fruit, there were hot items: bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, French toast, hashbrowns. Off the breakfast area there is an outdoor pool; there is also an indoor pool at the adjoining Embassy Suites which guests of both hotels share. In the same plaza there are some fast food restaurants: Mexican food and a burger joint. The Ashburn area is lovely. We attended the nearby beautiful St. Theresa's Chuch which appears to have a devout and vibrant congregation. Historic Leesburg is minutes away. And there is an outlet mall there. It took us about 45 minutes to get into DC with traffic due to construction. The best rate I found was the advanced rate through the hotel website (you need to book at least a week ahead).

Room Tip: advanced rate through hotel site
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed there for 5 days and the service was extraordinary. The stuff was very nice and caring. The rooms are very spacious and clean. It feels like arriving home.
I really enjoyed my stay there so next time I'm around that area I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Ceciliarive
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I loved staying at the Homewood suites. The personnel are absolutely so professional and very courteous. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. I definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Cecimariaca
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We loved this hotel, everything was perfect. Check in was quick, and finding the hotel was not a problem. The room was very nice, it was a two bedroom two bathroom suite, so it was pretty big. Everything was very clean in the room, and the furniture was maintained very well. The TV's were not new, but still gave a nice picture. Everything worked well, and the room was quite comfy. The hallways were well-lit and clean also.

As for the two pools, we used both. I went every single night for four nights and loved it. When it was a nice night, I would go outside and swim a bit then go to the Embassy indoor pool until it closed at 10. They were very clean, and the hot tub was relaxing. Homewood Suites guests are entitled to the Embassy Pool, it's actually encouraged. You can go to the main desk at the Embassy, show your Homewood Card and they give you a temporary pass.

Breakfast was also good, French Toast one day, Pancakes another, and Waffles twice. Everything was warm and replaced very promptly. There was a lot to choose from, eggs every day, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, breads, muffins, fruit, doughnuts, and more. We stayed from a Friday to Tuesday so we had their light dinner Monday night and loved it. You can easily call it a full meal. That day there was Macaroni and Cheese (which surprisingly we LOVED), green beens, salad, and chicken. Also drinks too.

Location wise, there are now restaurants nearby and in walking distance. Walking distance is Moe's and 5 Guys Burgers. It's very hard though, to be a DC tourist from here. This hotel is perfect for the area and staying at the airport, but going into DC is quite the trip. To the nearest Metro is about 25 - 40 minutes without traffic, and you have to wait for a train and a long ride into DC. Basically, on the Metro it's easily and hour to get in, and an hour to get to the hotel. Also, is it me or are Norther Virginia Streets very difficult to follow? Everything by the hotel are routes and highways, or unpaved roads. I found it very hard to find what I needed in Norther VA, but that's not really the hotels fault.

The only things I did not like were, since it was a two bedroom room, the two safes in the closets did not work. One was locked when we got there and the other had a "low battery" so it would not lock. I found it odd that Both safes did not work. The other is that I questioned how sanitary the plates, dishes, bowls, and silverware the hotel provided us with. They were very spotty, and one time we came into our room while house keeping was cleaning and they stopped the dishwasher halfway through the cycle. I used my own plates and silverware just to be safe.

Other than those things, our stay was great, it was a true value for $620 for 4 nights in a two bedroom two bathroom room in the DC area. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank WhalersTravel
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Just stayed here for a trip into DC. A 30 minute drive if no traffic.
Very clean, and nice suites.
Nice location, indoor pool (shared with Embassy Suites next door), and very good hot breakfast.
The staff could have been friendlier however. The lady who checked us in was nice but no one went out of there way to say hi etc. When checking out, the man sat on his stool and asked room number and said okay. No thanks for staying, how were things, etc. Its not a big deal but these little things are what set this hotel from others like the residence inn down the street.
Only other minor complaint was no coffee in lobby 24 hours a day like most hotels.
Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun? Share your experiences!