WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 6 Fun & Games in Ashburn
Centreville, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Just OK, arguably overrated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Alamo is the new novelty in northern VA, so naturally I felt like I had to check it out. It was kind of a pain to get tickets and the food was just OK. Not only that but I felt bad for the poor waiters and waitresses that crawl on their knees during the movie...

My husband and I saw the Great Gatsby here a few months ago. We decided to check it out a few hours before the show and wanted to order tickets online. Alamo is one of those places that if you want good seats, you need to plan ahead and order ASAP. Seat choices were pretty limited at that point and we sat in the front row (not my favorite place to be).

The theater itself is brand new, so it looked really nice and was clean. The waiter we had was really nice and was happy to explain how everything there worked (FYI: once the movie starts if you want to order food you write notes back and forth to your waiter that walks over on his/her knees not to disturb the movie goers, about 30 minutes before the movie ends they bring you the check for your food--pay cash or credit and when the lights come up you're free to go).

We ordered drinks from the bar, a chicken wrap and spinach artichoke dip--all just OK, think we spent about 40 bucks on food. Movie tickets we about 12 bucks a pop and this was an afternoon showing. There is an extra processing fee if you order your tickets through fandango like we did.

I'm sure we'll go there again one day--it's a neat concept, but overpriced and overrated.

Visited May 2013

Potomac Falls, Virginia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great concept!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We love the reserved seating, intimate theatre and the full service concept! The food is decent, however, it's a little difficult to see what you're eating because it's dark. :) Love all the drafts available and the friendly staff! By the way, the cookies are to die for!

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Comfortable way to watch a movie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

It was our first visit last night. We were celebrating our anniversary and decided to take in a movie after our dinner. If we had known we could have come to Alamo and had both. There is a lounge for before and after the movies and you can order food and drinks from your seat in the movie. The food smelled good but we were already full so we will write another review after we eat there. They have assigned seats in the theatre. I think we actually sat in the wrong seats but the show was not near full so it did not matter. Big screen and big comfy chairs, we enjoyed our show.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with Watchb4go.com

Lincoln Park, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Concept Needs Improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a great concept to eat and drink while watching a movie. However, they need to improve their efficiency and process of taking and delivering rods. We were 5 on one bill and only received 4 sandwiches. They should take advantage of iPad type order taking to get info to the kitchen faster. Beer selection was big but not descriptive and the server could not help.

Visited June 2013
U.S. expats
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm so glad the Alamo Cinema Drafthouse opened. It is a terrific concept combining food, movies, and a very strict no texting, no phones, no noise policy which will keep me coming back.

If you go, I would advise you to get there early, rather than late--seats are assigned, so that you party can sit and eat together. And order as soon as you can. We got our food while the pre-movie entertainment was being shown, so perfect for seeing and eating your food. Once the lights were dimmed for the feature, I could not see the food in front of me.

The food is pretty good. It's nice to be able to eat it in a movie theater. And the staff are very responsive, and quiet. We were aware--barely--of others ordering dessert/drinks in the theater, but they were brought in by staff who crouched down and seemed to glide noiselessly in. We checked our bill and paid after the feature was over.

Place is very clean, as well.

Visited June 2013