“Has a lot to improve”

Lost Rhino Brewing Company
Ranked #19 of 218 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have been visiting Lost Rhino for almost 2 years now. Their beer is good quality but won't knock your socks off. Recently I went with my family and my Wife which had recently moved in from Puerto Rico and she was denied a beer because she didn't have a "valid US ID". She presented her Puerto Rico driver's license and even offered to present her voter ID which also has a picture and birth date. The bartender said she needed a passport as the Puerto Rico license was not considered a US ID. I tried to explain the lady that her driver's license was as valid as any other US state or territory license but she refused to accept it.

I wonder if they refuse service to anyone from outside of the continental US because they don't have a valid US ID. Also, what do they do if a tourist comes in and is not carrying with his/her passport? the 9 of us left the place and took our business to the next brewery down the street which welcomed us and her Puerto Rican driver's licence.

I'm all for the small guy and local businesses, specially breweries that have made their way up by hard work, but if they treat me or my family as lesser beings for being from Puerto Rico, that's enough to end my relationship with them.

2  Thank don_cjma

Reviewed December 8, 2013

For $8, you get the tour and four 5 oz samples of your choice. We also had a very large order of chicken nachos that was very good. The tour took about 20 minutes and, while not spectacular (like visiting a Budweiser brewery), the guide was very informative as to how different types of beer were brewed. Apparently, this is a great locals place for after work get togethers. We visited on a Saturday afternoon and there were a lot of families there with kids. Kind of speaks to the type of business this is - not a complaint, just clarifying that it is more than a brewery. If you are in the area and have an hour or two, would recommend a stop.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I didn't drink the beer, but I smelled and tasted it. Meh, it was OK. Small menu for food, appetizers seem to be your best bet if you have to eat something. Avoid the sliders unless you enjoy heartburn. Staff is very friendly and helpful, so I feel bad leaving a poor comment.

Seating is wobbly and uncomfortable - feels like lunch time in high school. The brewing process was neat, and the space fair. Small TVs, so so atmosphere. Single person bathroom... Really? I would hate to be there when it is crowded.

Try Dogfish for a better experience all around. Tried Falls Church and Fairfax, both had excellent food, drink, and service.

We will not be back... I am so disappointed :-(

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a true brew pub, with sparse furnishings and a decidedly casual approach to business. There is live music several evenings a week and an indoor cornhole league for entertainment. The food is surprisingly good for this type of establishment, and the beer is also good but not great (my personal favorite, and their top seller, is the Face Plant IPA). It's not the kind of place for a romantic date or to impress the boss, but if all you are looking for is a relaxing environment to drink good beer and enjoy good company then is the place.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the weekend and wanted an easy going place for a Friday night and lost rhino was perfect. The beer was good, food was causal but good, we didn't even mind the picnic style group seating (it added to the relaxed atmosphere). We really enjoyed it!