“Nothing to write home about”

Urban Bar-B-Que Company
Ranked #77 of 216 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Good coleslaw, good barbecued ranch beans; pulled pork was so so, room size about 50 X 50 with no dividers. 3 or 4 booths on each side wall and 6 tables in the middle of the floor, walls covered with unattractive stuff. Not a particularly pretty place, but as a fast food joint it's ok. Nothing I would rush back to.

1  Thank z9m9z

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

First of all, don't expect great pork barbeque when their are lots of Texas logos. Texans don't understand that pork barbeque should be a redundant term! That being said, the pork is ok, but (not surprisingly) the brisket is better. The wing "drumsticks" were about the same size as the actual drumsticks on the chicken - seriously?!? The side dishes were marginally larger than the little cups that coleslaw is generally served in regular barbeque joints - seriously - a very poor value! The food was better than our first visit right after opening, but service, while pleasant, was still slow, and the food, while decent, was not outstanding (but better than Red, Hot, & Blue and Famous Dave's) but provided a pricey "fix" when we couldn't travel out of town for the real thing!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Probably the worst $15 I have ever spent on BBQ ever. Ordered 2 meats combo at the Norbeck branch - 1/2 rack ribs and sausage. The ribs had hardly any meat. The meat was dry and was probably cooked yesterday. The sausage was soft - probably again carried over from yesterday - zero snap. I left the corn bread aside with one bite after the soft bread felt uncooked.
Last time to Urban BBQ for me, my family, and possibly my friends.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We are a barbeque loving family and this place was great - reasonable prices, good selection, fairly quick service. Order at the counter and the food is brought to your table. The brisket was wonderful, served with choice of sides and cornbread. Lots of decor on the walls and the flags of each branch of service hanging inside. When I couldn't decide what to eat, a regular patron behind me in line told me anything I ordered would be good - he was right!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We finally went to eat at Urban Bar-B-Que, located in the strip mall of Asburn. It seemed more geared to being a take-out place, but there are some booths, a cute bar with stools along the window, and a few tables where you can eat at, The decor was barbecue cute. You place your orders at the counter and pay there. Their staff was helpful and knowledgable.
The downside was the food - I had no idea that the salad had tiny cubes, rather than shredded meat in it. And the dressing, which was supposed to be blue cheese, could have easily passed for ranch - it wasn't until I found a tiny piece of cheese actually in it that I realized it must be their version of bc. After a few bites, we decided not to eat the salads there and that perhaps they would improve with some real blue cheese dressing so we wrapped our dinners to bring them home. But by the time we got home, we were not feeling well and threw the food away.
I gave this chain restaurant an "average" rating, but their food was definitely less than that.