“Enjoyable lunch option.” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Frederick, Maryland
“Enjoyable lunch option.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I ordered the souvlaki chicken Greek side salad. This was a delicious, filling lunch. I will be back to try out other dishes for dinner. Good, friendly, fast service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Ashburn, Virginia
“A little disappointed.........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We are new to the area and were excited to try the Tripadvisor #2 rated restaurant for Ashburn. We went to the web-site and read several of the reviews by local food critics. Based primarily on the Washington Post review, we ordered the Chicago gyro, with a side of seasoned fries, the lamb kapama entrée and the galaktoboureko for dessert. The gyro and fries were great, no issues, but then again those are greek restaurant staples and I would expect that. The lamb shank was tender, I'll give you that, but there was not much meat on top of that huge bone and even less flavor. I detected a hint of cinnamon in the otherwise bland sauce and the orzo was a mess, completely mushy. The mush continued with dessert. The Post described the pastry as having flaky dough and fluffy custard. I beg to differ. The pastry was completely soggy and the filling was thick and lumpy. Service was friendly and efficient. I can't say I won't ever return, I love Greek food and maybe it was an off night. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to order another gyro, but I didn't think the rest of the meal warranted a repeat visit.

3 Thank tennisbets
“Nice place with great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are planning to move to Ashburn and stop here based on reviews on TripAdvisor. This place does not dissapoint. The Chicago gyro was excellent and the service was great. It was so good we came back the next day for lunch.

McLean, Virginia
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Opa Mezze has amazing food service and value. I would recommend getting squid or octopus for an appetizer with lamb or pastisio as an entree. Owners are very nice and will come to your table and start chatting with you. The atmosphere is kinda lacking but the overall experience is one not to forget!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“always a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

my friends and i go here often to eat during our lunch break. the gyros are so tasty that sometimes i end up here more than once a week! i also love their appetizers--the saganaki, octopus and calamari are amazing. we love the decor and the relaxed atmosphere. the owner is always pleasant to speak with and very kind.

• Visited March 2013