“Fresh and satisfying!”

Mali Thai Cuisine
Ranked #53 of 214 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Nice Restaurant in Broadlands Center Plaza, Ashburn Virginia. Offer Lunch Special, Happy Hour, Gluten Free Available, Kids' Menu, Full Bar offering.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this is one of the best Thai restaurants we have visited. Service was friendly and there when you needed something. We were there with our two boys ages 9 & 11. One is a very adventurous eater and other is picky. Both also left satisfied. Definitely would recommend!

1  Thank Hawaiiantraveler66

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Delicious food, great service, good value, clean and pleasant setting. It is our place to go for Thai. And Pong is good people.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

First off, the food. It's just plain perfect. It's tasty, spicy (with accent on balance and complexity, not on making it "hot"), great presentation, fresh, clean - absolutely delicious! The prices are very reasonable too.

Second, the staff. Again, never had a better experience in any thai place. The service was great.

Finally the place. There are some thai touches but it's mostly modern western sleek clean design. Just think about modern cafe, not an "expensive", "traditional", or "ethnic" restaurant.

Bottom line is, this is a perfect lunch place. Speaking about dinners, it depends if you're looking for food or service (which both are absolutely great), or for a theme (arguably this is not the most romantic or "expensive" looking place) - then it depends on your expectations.

Overall, highly, highly recommended!

1  Thank heckfy
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has been open for aprox. 2 years. The atmosphere is peaceful and relaxing! The restaurant is clean. The quality of the food it's excellent! We highly recommend trying this place!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Amazing over the years that Ashburn has grown to the point of having almost 10 Thai restaurants. I've probably visited them all this point and just tried Mail Thai for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and overall, I would put Mali Thai at the top of the list for overall Thai dining experience in Ashburn. For one, they have happy hour from 5-7:30 (i think those were the times) and many of their appetizers are $3 and their drink prices are reduced ($2 domestic and $3 import beers, wines and mixed drinks reduced too). My wife and I both got the house red (which I think was $3) and it was quite good. Paired perfectly with the food. We had spring rolls, drunken noodles, duck, and for dessert, fried banana with ice cream. Everything was wonderful. Freshly prepared and tasty. Portions were generous; brought home dinner for the next night! Our waitress was very friendly and very attentive and the decor was very clean and fresh. Definitely worth the visit and plan on returning soon. All that being said, we were the only diners at the restaurant for our entire meal (although several folks did come in for take out) and we were there at about 5:30 on a beautiful Friday night. Maybe a bit early for a Friday and the weather was so nice that I could see people not wanting to go inside to eat, but the only ones! I sure hope folks give this place try because they have an extensive menu and I'd like for it to stick around so I can try everything on it.