“Great buffet and service” 4 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
Curry Club
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: (Website is currently under construction.)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great buffet and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

So, met a pal for lunch here. Tucked away in a small, food only strip-mall (expect reviews of a few of those other places later), it is easy to miss.
The restaurant was well decorated, dominated by an enormous oak bar and some chandeliers. It had a very Indian-colonial era vibe, and it was spotless.
The food was great. Butter chicken is a rarity in an Indian buffet but they had it, they brought out fresh naan on a regular basis, and there was always a waiter around but the service was never pushy.
I'd definitely travel here to eat, and it is highly reccomended.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'd eaten at their buffet before, but this visit I ordered take-out. The food is excellent, and they give generous portions. The manager (owner? not sure of his position) made sure I knew that one appetizer I'd ordered was good when you order it fresh but not always good for takeout.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Jody C
Round Hill, Virginia
“Nice place, but room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

My family tried the Curry Club last night. We were plesantly suprised by the ambiance, which is very up-scale: white table cloth, dark wood bar, cloth napkins, waiters in ties and vests, etc. You can't tell from the outside of the building how nice the inside is. The service is very prompt, and the servers are attentive and helpful. The food was very good, and there is a nice selection and variety of authentic Indian food broad enough that there should be something to suit everyone's taste. The prices are appropriate for the food. Two complaints: myself and another member of our party ordered Mai-tais, but there was very little alchohol in the drinks. The other complaint is that one of their menu items said that it was shrimp stuffed with crab, but there was no crab in the dish. When we brought this to the waiter's attention he said "well it used to have crab, but now it doesn't." That seems like a detail that should be mentioned to someone ordering that particular dish.

Overall, I enjoyed our experience. I think the curry club would be great for a date, formal dinner, or corporate event. I will go back, but I won't order anything with alcohol, and I will make sure to ask how individual dishes are prepared.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ashburn, Virginia
“Delicious Indian lunch buffet at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

The buffet selections were varied so that one could choose mildly "hot" to very spicy. This is good because not everyone can tolerate a truly "hot" dish. The atmosphere was pleasant and everywhere in the restaurant was clean. The waiter was very attentive for refilling water glasses, bringing more Naan bread, and clearing dirty plates. You could go back to the buffet as often as you wished. The manager came to our table once to ask how we were enjoying our lunch. We would definitely go there again.

• Visited October 2011
Ashburn, Virginia
“Curry Club does not live up to all the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Food was mediocre, the veggie dishes were thrown together in a sauce, for example, peas and corn...not a typical indian vegetable curry. I was expecting authentic indian food - baigan burtha, sabath bindi, kaddi, etc. Moreover, the price for buffet was supposed to be 9.95 pp, however we were charged 14.95 pp! Angeethi is better priced with a more authentic and varied selection.

• Visited July 2011