“OMG!!! A Chinese Friend recommended this place and thank god!”
Review of Yen's Cafe

Yen's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 218 Restaurants in Ashburn
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I have driven by this a million tunes going to Home Depot or Red Robin, etc. but until my neighbor(from Beijing) recommended it I would never have gone. We went and the teas were amazing, the Beijing dumplings just like being in China and the Crispy Szechuan beef and Calamari were so authentic. I am still reeling in shock that I have missed this gem in an authentic restaurant starved community like Ashburn is!

2  Thank Gerkin3223

Reviewed April 20, 2013

we just had our first take-out from yen's café & are VERY satisfied customers!!! delicious food...generous portions...fast & friendly delivery. they even took care to keep the chicken crispy for the sweet & sour chicken. we highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had lunch on a Sunday at this gem of a Chinese restaurant. There are only 5 or 6 tables in the dinning room and I only saw Asian families eating there on this particular Sunday. My daughter and son in law were familiar with the large menu and ordered the food. The hot and sour soup was great. The steamed dumplings and spring rolls were cooked to perfection. The main dishes we had ordered were Hunan chicken, Crispy beef, braised pork meat balls and cabbage in a hot pot and Taiwanese fried chicken. Each dish was cooked to perfection. The food here can easily compete with the food in the best Chinese restaurants in New York City and San Francisco China Towns. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely eat here again. The food is a little pricey but it is of the highest quality. Service was fast, freindly and excellent.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We used to love Yen's Cafe and thought it had the best Chinese food in the area. Their General Tso's Chicken was the best and one of our favorite menu items there. But, last night we stopped in for take-out and we were greatly disappointed. The egg-drop soup was good; the added corn is a nice touch. The vegetable spring rolls were very bland, but the biggest disappointment was the General Tso's Chicken. The chicken was dry and honestly tasted like McDonald's Chicken Nuggets with a bare minimum of sauce on top. I'm not kidding. I thought they had run out of chicken and gone over to McDonald's to buy up a bunch of Chicken McNuggets to use in their dish. My husband and I each ate a few and then threw out the rest. It was that bad. Not even worth saving for cold Chinese food leftovers. We also did take-out from Yen's for our Jewish Christmas night and it wasn't great then, either. The hot and sour soup was oily, and our entrees were just so-so. At that time, I attributed it to the fact that they were busy for Christmas. But last night, it was very quiet there, so no excuses. Two strikes they're out? Maybe. I'm not sure if we will go back to Yen's Cafe.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Went there to celebrate "Jewish Christmas". Great food. Dumplings taste homemade. Crispy Sesame Beef is actually crispy (!), Chicken with Chinese Chilies is actually spicy (!), excellent pea shoots in garlic sauce too. Hubby has been to Taiwan on business, said some of our selections came pretty close. Prices seem high, but portions are gigantic, we took home half of what we ate and could have probably fed 6 more people on it. For dessert they bring complimentary sweets - ours was a fried donut sweet bao with custard filling, yum. Inside is tiny, only about 7 tables, so if you don't feel like waiting, order take out. Services was pretty good despite being slammed. We are ex-New Yorkers who have eaten Chinese food around the world, so our standards are very, very high. This place exceeded them.

1  Thank exNYfamily