“Great meal”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Loved this place, excellent meal and service. We visited 2x in the 5 days we were in the area. Our server even remembered us on our second visit. Crab cake was delicious addition to our fish and chips and a nice option to purchase.

1  Thank ROSESMOM

Reviewed August 19, 2014

It's been quite a while since I had eaten at Ford's , maybe a year or so. I drive by frequently and always notice that they are very busy for both lunch and dinner. Last two times I ate there the seafood was not so good . It was frozen kept seafood that was a bit over cooked, so I didn't return to eat there for over a year. I was brought there for lunch by my daughter and a friend recently. Boy was I delighted that the food was totally changed into fresh very appetizing seafood. I had fresh oysters, clam chowder and fried clams. I am very picky about fried clams and these were excellent. All the food was excellent and so was the food that the others ordered at my table. We are all from the Boston area so we know good seafood and Ford's has revamped their ingredients and are offering great authentic seafood. This is very hard to fine in the area.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We went here based on the great reviews. We weren't really impressed. Went on a Friday around 8. 30 minute wait. Bar area and restaurant in general really loud. If you are from connecticut as we are don't order the CT style lobster roll. Who puts lettuce on a hot lobster roll? Waiter was very pleasant but we wouldn't return

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Just came back from Maine and several of the items here are even better, now that we can compare them. Try the fried oysters, whole fried clams, Maine chips, fired calamari and, whatever you do, GET A SIDE OF LOBSTER GINGER SAUCE TO DIP WHATEVER YOU GET IN IT. You will thank me for that advice. And no, it really doesn't taste much like ginger. Lucky to live closeby; but sometimes it is worth driving to their South Riding location as it is much bigger and food is identical.

As to Brunch, it is amazing as well -- the crabcakes eggs benedict is one of a kind. Be sure to ask for the potatoes to be done extra crispy!

1  Thank ExRIGuy
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We have never been early enough to go to happy hour $1 oysters are terrific - and peel/eat jumbo shrimp. We had the fish taco's - exceptional - and the happy hour wine was pretty good too (and we are sorta wine snobbish - but the Pinot Grigio was great with the seafood) Our server in the bar - Anne E. was awesome - she had many tables and still provided exceptional service and was very pleasant. Always looking forward to another great meal at Fords!

1  Thank lisalisa24