“Raw oysters and more...”
Review of Ford's Fish Shack

Ford's Fish Shack
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My third trip to this Ashburn, VA location. I love the raw oysters. A traditional tray of iced oysters on the half shell, served with cocktail, horseradish, and mignonette sauces. I have found it difficult to find raw oysters that have consistent quality and selection with an affordable price, but Ford's is my answer. That is just the starter. Their Angry Mussels are extremely yummy. Mussels, chorizo, tomatoes, garlic, and onions with toasted ciabatta to soak up the spicy broth. The 1 pound serving could be a second appetizer but the 2 pound serving is definitely a meal, unless you want to share. I would also recommend the Rocket Shrimp; flash fried shrimp tossed in a chili garlic sauce and served over an Asian slaw. This is a great stop for the seafood lover and on the weekends they serve brunch dishes like spinach and crab omelette or the corn flaked crusted french toast. I suggest reservations on Friday and Saturday night or expect a long wait.

There are newer reviews for Ford's Fish Shack

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Got to meet my son for lunch on a gorgeous Friday. He had jambalaya and I had my favorite angry mussels. We sat outside and caught up on our lives. The food was scrumptious and complemented the gorgeous day.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We dined here recently and had a wonderful experience. It is a very popular restaurant so I would advise making a reservation especially on a Friday or Saturday evening. If you do not have a reservation, you will be waiting but they do have comfortable seating either inside or out. The staff is very friendly and will explain their specials along with the prices since these items are not on a menu. You can asked to be seated at the bar, outside, or inside. I would suggest trying their lobster bisque soup. Fabulous! I hate cool or cold soups and mine was served piping hot!! The shrimp tacos are extremely good! They serve 3 of them and you will probably need a box to take home! You can upgrade to sweet potato French fries. Believe me, you will have enough to share! Their steamed shrimp are large and come in 2 sizes (1/2 lb. & 1 lb.) You do clean these yourself! Enjoy! Can't wait to return!

1  Thank panthers1963
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Everything is fresh and well prepared. The deviled eggs are a great app and you can't go wrong with the shrimp roll. Tony's choice is always a good beer.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I eat at both the Ashburn location and in my community in South Riding. Great food, always fresh. Love the deviled eggs as an appetizer, and can never go wrong with the fish tacos. very busy for dinner so be patient or plan ahead!

1  Thank Wayneva